Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had an idea to make an upscale drive in but I could never get the $$$$$ but one day it will be a "thing"

I think I may have to suck it up and go see the Ghost in the Shell movie.

you mean the remake of the Bionic Woman?
It's really a remake of itself, though I'm not sure why they chose her to direct.  From what I saw in the previews, it looked pretty true to animated version, so I have modestly high hopes.

Watched the new King Kong movie last night.  Yikes.  Glad it was on Kodi.  I would have been pissed if I'd actually paid money to watch it.  The were plenty of helicopters and explosions, but other than that... :puke:

went to see the new beauty and beast at the drive in this weekend.  Everything from the old disney movie was there even with a few new songs.  The casting for Gaston was WRONG though.  The face and hair they got right, but Gaston is supposed to be this behemoth. muscle bound guy, not a  short twig in a wig.  they should have at least made the guy muscle up for the part. 

We also started watching Moana last night.  I hadn't seen it when it first came out.  It is cute so far.  better than some of disneys other recent animated releases

^^ All I can say is The Rock sings in Moana. 

That alone should make it good!

Seriously, mini-Kevo has officially dumped Frozen and is now all about Moana. I will say it is a pretty good movie.

I watched War Dogs on HBO yesterday.  I thought it was more entertaining than the reviews indicated.  

Watched Matchstick Men after doing a practice exam on Saturday. It was meh. Though we found it under the "comedy" section. I don't really see how that movie would be classified as a comedy.

I should have known! Poor old Nick Cage is not my favorite actor.

Watched Matchstick Men after doing a practice exam on Saturday. It was meh. Though we found it under the "comedy" section. I don't really see how that movie would be classified as a comedy.

I should have known! Poor old Nick Cage is not my favorite actor.
His funniest movie is Wicker Man...and it's not a comedy.  The overacting, and bad acting, are pretty hilarious.  Plus, he punches a woman in the face while wearing a bear suit.  It's the best thing ever.

Saw Beauty and the Beast with the wife and 9y/o last weekend and Boss Baby with the 9y/o yesterday. My 9y/o really enjoyed Boss Baby. 

13, so I can get away with the "you're a big kid now" excuse when I don't want to watch something.  (I told him he could watch it on Netflix when it shows up)

Back