Most Hated State by Every State

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@envirotex, I've enjoyed both of my trips to Texas. It's all in good fun.

I can verify this as well. Had one professor at Michigan Tech that laid out how Ohio stole land from Michigan during statehood, among other things. If you even mentioned Ohio, you dropped at least one grade during his class.
Hey, Michigan got the good part of that deal... U.P. vs. Toledo.

Hey, Michigan got the good part of that deal... U.P. vs. Toledo.
That is true. The UP has attempted to split off as it's own state several times and it only took ONE block worth of Detroit voters to cancel that idea from the ballot.

They forgot the territories. Smaller islands hate the next biggest one. Northern Marianas Islands hate Guam, Guam and American Samoa hate Hawaii. I'd imagine that Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands hate Florida. 

I've never heard anybody in Kentucky or Tennessee say that they hate the other state.  There is a semi-healthy rivalry between the University of Kentucky and University of Tennessee basketball teams, but it doesn't come anywhere close to the football rivalries between Michigan/Ohio or Texas/Oklahoma.  I'd say there's far more hate for California (just because it's "liberal") in both of those states than there is hate for each other.

Seems legit. I can believe most of those.

No, I disagree. I don't hate automatically when I think something is stupid. Hate is a pretty strong word, in my mind.
I agree. I know it's a joke and all that but it would probably be better to replace "hate" with "rivalry", "resentment", or "disrespect". The only legit hate I could think of would be

Northern Marianas Islands hate Guam, 
and vis-versa. I understand that there's some nasty history there.

^true, but only for the older generations that remember WWII. 

False. The northern square state hates the southern square state. 

Ignore that the people we hate the most from southern square state are probably from California. 
Is there a northern square state? 

Oh yeah, where we go for fireworks. 

and petting bison.

I didn't get a pic :(  but we did some easy 4 wheeling over the weekend ( well easy for a lifted jeep) as we were coming down the mountain I can see a shiny (new) stock Toyota land cruiser (probably daddy's money) bouncing up the easy part of the trail - with not one but 2 dudes sitting on the roof of the vehicle - Texas plates......weed smell was heavy...

They asked if it got any worse further up,  I was just like, no this is the hard part... and kept driving..

Not sure if Texas people are like that everywhere they go on vacay or just here?

Texas was definitely the most hated state in Colorado way back when I lived there. I see that it is now "officially" California, and I guess I can see that, since they are probably why I can't afford to ever move back.

Texas was definitely the most hated state in Colorado way back when I lived there. I see that it is now "officially" California, and I guess I can see that, since they are probably why I can't afford to ever move back.
Maybe not their #1, but doesn't every other state hate California?

This is pretty funny.  I forget what I was talking about with my husband the other day, but I said something like, "AND THERE'S NOTHING OUT IN OKLAHOMA." But I've never been there??? How do I know what Oklahoma has to offer?  

Back