MLB Playoffs

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nationals benching Strasburg is the dumbest thing ever.

I thought so then and I still think so now.

Verlander on the mound tonite...better be coming out of Oakland w/ a W - just please, don't pitch like you did in the Allstar game :bag:

Nationals benching Strasburg is the dumbest thing ever.

I thought so then and I still think so now.
The game yesterday was awkward...the announcers were talking about him and they showed him sitting on the bench, looking pretty bored. MLB network could use some real announcers.

Now's about the time I start getting interested in baseball. . . Tigers in the running for the pennant.

True story... my sister and her fam were at the Nationals Game last night... before the game, but after the warm ups, Jason Werth pointed up into the stands at them... and then some guy brought a signed baseball up to my nephew and said that Jason Werth asked him to give it to him... made my nephews night...

True story... my sister and her fam were at the Nationals Game last night... before the game, but after the warm ups, Jason Werth pointed up into the stands at them... and then some guy brought a signed baseball up to my nephew and said that Jason Werth asked him to give it to him... made my nephews night...
Thats awesome! Wish they'd hurry up & boot the Cards out of the playoffs - really dont want that team advancing any further...

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing that makes me happier than Arod being benched would be if the Yanks blew their load and lost tonight. Playoffs without the Yanks or BoSox are such a wonderful thing.

Yeah, I'd say its win-win whether the Tiges draw the yanks or the O's at this point :bio:

This post-season has been one of the best ones I can remember. Full of late innings heroics and great defensive plays. The way the Cards came back to win last night is epic. But on the other hand, it is not surprising . They did it to Texas last year in the World Series. What a team!!!!

Wow, that was a wild 9th inning. Ichiro finds some power and then Ibanez does it again?!?!?

I bet Raul Ibanez will tell this grandkids about his historic week......probably right after the game as I think they must be nearly my age.

Incredible playoffs so far.

I hate to see the Tigers win on a bad call, but it was looking like they probably would have anyway (this from a complete non-expert).

I still have to say, my God baseball is a boring game. I'm glad I didn't watch the first 6 scoreless innings last night, and I recorded the rest so I could fast forward through the tedious parts.

Back