MLB Playoffs

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somehow I have missed out on the A-rod controversy. Anybody got a link or 2 sentence explanation?

He was doing nothing offensively so they benched him, and there is talk whether the relationship between him and the team is beyone repair and if there is any way they could trade him with that contract.

There was also some controversy about him writing his phone number on a baseball and tossing it to two pretty women in the stands, during the game.

The only things with A-rod that I caught this year is that he had a horrible post-season batting average so he got benched twice, and the fact that he allegedly tried to get some chick's phone number during a game (apparently a celeb).

Edit: VTE beat me to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
So he was sucking, got benched and now his poor feelings are hurt? If I were manager I would refuse to trade him and bench all next year too.

He was doing nothing offensively so they benched him, and there is talk whether the relationship between him and the team is beyone repair and if there is any way they could trade him with that contract.

There was also some controversy about him writing his phone number on a baseball and tossing it to two pretty women in the stands, during the game.
They benched him for another guy that was batting .000

A-Rod was part of a bunch of guys that couldn't hit.

^^^ They benched him last night because he couldn't hit, but then ended up coming in as the designated hitter...

The statistic I heard at one point during the radio broadcast last night was that ALL of the Yankee's runs came from HR's during their series with the Tigers. This was before their only run was scored in the 6th.

^It's the same story every year with them. You can beat up on a Kansas City on a Tuesday in May with the long ball due to low caliber pitching. In the playoffs, when you are facing the top arms, you need to be able to manufacture a run now and then.

Ahem...GO CARDINALS!
Frickin' :bio:

The statistic I heard at one point during the radio broadcast last night was that ALL of the Yankee's runs came from HR's during their series with the Tigers. This was before their only run was scored in the 6th.
In game 2 of the league championship series off of that PoopaGrande closer, Valverde. Delmon Young had more RBI's then they had collective runs, LOL.

He's definitely got JV's number - Tiges were due for a loss, even w/ their ace up. Now SF's turn!

Back