medical advice needed

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on getting your hearing back.

I almost think it would be worse if the surgery had made everything taste really good, cause if that happened to me I'd weigh 300 lbs.

Well, it went from salty to sour... but has been steadily decreasing. I hardly even notice it any more.
That's excellent!! :D

The hearing is lots better! I go back for a hearing test on Tuesday, so I'll find out then if it's back to 100%. What's really kind of cool is that I was listening to a song on the radio that's only been out for a couple of years... and I heard harmonies and counter-melodies in the background that I hadn't even known were part of the song before.
I have significant hearing loss due to the number of factors: multiple ear drum surgeries as a child, exposure to loud mechanized tools as an adolescent/young adult, and exposure to loud music as an adolescent/young adult. It's disturbing because there are older songs that I listen to where I KNOW there is more to it than what I am hearing. You really don't know what a difference hearing (or the lack therof) has on you until you get to see (hear) both sides.

That's awesome that you can have those experiences now that you have been missing out on! :)

JR

Back