medical advice needed

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still looks like he's eating a cello to me.
Does "The Aftermath" look a little clearer?

59u8vt.jpg

I think the puddling effect makes it a little clearer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Allow me to be the voice of reason and moderation... how could one lousy drink cause any statistically significant effect? Go for it!

Well, TX, I'm sure the "need" for CAB has subsided. Glad to hear about your upcoming surgery. I wouldn't chance any adverse reactions by drinking a beer. Of course, I don't like beer all that well. If I "needed" something, it would be wine, or a shot of tequila.............

But, really, I would recommend against drinking until after the surgery ... since you asked engineers. :)

Since we're posting Cookie Monster drawings, I thought I would resurrect this one, which has absolutely nothing to do with this thread:

For those of us who are married, hearing loss can be a blessing.
Not really. I'm at the point where I can't hear what most people consider to be "normal conversation"... which means I can't hear my kids if they're in the next room. I have a baby monitor that vibrates so I can "hear" the baby if he wakes up at night. I'll admit, sometimes it's nice to be able to "tune out" when hubby is ranting about something... but it's frustrating for all of us when he has to repeat himself 3 or 4 times.

chilled/cold adult beverage is another meaning
My CABs are generally not beer... I'm more of a rum and diet coke girl...

Allow me to be the voice of reason and moderation... how could one lousy drink cause any statistically significant effect? Go for it!
THIS is the response I expected to get... :)

Anyway, I did not have one, and won't until the surgery is over. I honestly don't think one drink would make a difference... but y'all are right... if I had one, I would stress about what effect it might have.

Thanks everyone for the well-wishes. The closer I get, the more I keep thinking how cool it's going to be to be able to hear again. I lost the hearing gradually, but I'll be getting it back in one day. My husband says that I'll probably go nuts the first couple of weeks because I'll be hearing all kinds of things that I haven't been able to hear for years. It'll be nice to be able to hold my phone with my left hand... haven't been able to hear well enough w/ my left ear to be able to do that in almost 6 years... makes writing anything down while talking on the phone really difficult.

Would you model flow from The Aftermath the same way you would stormwater?
I would think The Aftermath would be more viscous and include a fairly high percentage of solids. As a mechanical, I'd have to bow to my civil counterparts to give the yea or nay.

Since we're posting Cookie Monster drawings, I thought I would resurrect this one, which has absolutely nothing to do with this thread:
Well, OK, I'll continue the thread derailing with "Cokie Monster".

34fi3ba.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think The Aftermath would be more viscous and include a fairly high percentage of solids. As a mechanical, I'd have to bow to my civil counterparts to give the yea or nay.
Fortunately, my fluid mech book has a set of stndard viscosity tables fo water and other common fluids. Not sure if there's table for 'steaming vomit' though.

I love the cookie monster series! Pig in the MRI is classic too.

Well, tomorrow's the big day. I am nervous, but hopeful. I went in for my pre-op today. My surgery is scheduled for 11am tomorrow... so, they gave me the typical "no food or drink after midnight" speech. My question was, if the surgery was at 7am, they would say the same thing... so why do I have to go 11hrs w/ no food?

The nurse said, "If we said you could eat up to 8 hours before surgery, would you actually get up at 3am to eat something?". My response "YES!" She looked at me, laughed... and said "How do you stay so skinny?" (she probably weighed over 200) and then, "No food or drinks after midnight!"

****. I tried to explain to her that I am hypoglycemic and may pass out before I even make it to the hospital... she said "Everybody uses that excuse." I almost hope she's on duty tomorrow so she can see first-hand what going 11hrs w/ no food can do to someone like me.

Good luck with the surgery!

I've come to the conclusion that most people at hospitals anymore are total dicks. When I had my cancer surgery, the night shift nursing staff was the most ignorant, disrespectful bunch of people I ever met. Screaming and joking in the halls while I was trying to sleep, one even made me disconnect my own IV and ankle compression cuffs when I had to pee, then reprimanded me for not peeing in the plastic container!

Next time I got up to pee (pretty frequently, I was in recovery for 14 hours since Yale didn't have any rooms open, even then I ended up in a trauma ward next to a large gangbanger with multiple gunshot wounds who was the biggest baby on the face of the planet), I peed in the jug. I then proceeded to fling the pee-pee filled jug out into the hallway so it dumped all over the floor. Serves them right. The asshole even took it upon himself (a nurse, not a doctor) to stop my MORPHINE DRIP and give me Tylenol with codeine in PILL FORM instead! This is after they had my throat cut open for 6 hours!

Well, tomorrow's the big day. I am nervous, but hopeful. I went in for my pre-op today. My surgery is scheduled for 11am tomorrow... so, they gave me the typical "no food or drink after midnight" speech. My question was, if the surgery was at 7am, they would say the same thing... so why do I have to go 11hrs w/ no food?
The nurse said, "If we said you could eat up to 8 hours before surgery, would you actually get up at 3am to eat something?". My response "YES!" She looked at me, laughed... and said "How do you stay so skinny?" (she probably weighed over 200) and then, "No food or drinks after midnight!"

****. I tried to explain to her that I am hypoglycemic and may pass out before I even make it to the hospital... she said "Everybody uses that excuse." I almost hope she's on duty tomorrow so she can see first-hand what going 11hrs w/ no food can do to someone like me.
Good luck, TX! Sounds like you may have to resort to the tactics you used during your pregnancy to prevent the sleep-eating problems you had. After the surgery, go out and have some ice cream.

Good luck with the surgery!

I've come to the conclusion that most people at hospitals anymore are total dicks. When I had my cancer surgery, the night shift nursing staff was the most ignorant, disrespectful bunch of people I ever met. Screaming and joking in the halls while I was trying to sleep, one even made me disconnect my own IV and ankle compression cuffs when I had to pee, then reprimanded me for not peeing in the plastic container!

Next time I got up to pee (pretty frequently, I was in recovery for 14 hours since Yale didn't have any rooms open, even then I ended up in a trauma ward next to a large gangbanger with multiple gunshot wounds who was the biggest baby on the face of the planet), I peed in the jug. I then proceeded to fling the pee-pee filled jug out into the hallway so it dumped all over the floor. Serves them right. The asshole even took it upon himself (a nurse, not a doctor) to stop my MORPHINE DRIP and give me Tylenol with codeine in PILL FORM instead! This is after they had my throat cut open for 6 hours!
Sounds like the nurse may have been related to the Ex-Mrs. JR!

I had the pre-op today as well for my foot, although showtime isn't until Monday for me. Good luck, and let us know you're ok afterwards!
Good luck, man! I thought the foot was good to go? What happened that you need surgery now?

Good luck Tx!! :)

maybe it interferes with your blood thinning and the docs don't want to have someone bleed out on the table.
I had this thought as well as potential for dehydration. Most of the IV drugs will have a tendency to dehydrate (stop bowel functions) ... so the added dehydration 'stress' could be a reason to ask you to back it off.

I had the pre-op today as well for my foot, although showtime isn't until Monday for me.
See .. if you didn't have to go around trying to shove it up everone's a$$ .. perhaps this surgery wouldn't be necessary! :p

Sounds like the nurse may have been related to the Ex-Mrs. JR!
ZING !!!! :Locolaugh: :Locolaugh:

JR

Back