MD State Released

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those who passed wi received an invitation to the engineers night, you will received the certificate that night.

Blue8 : good place to meet guy lol

Thanks guys. Iwire unfortunately or fortunately I'll be living in Japan by then. Grrrrr I wanted to be there! I wonder if they can mail my certificate bc that paper license is so basic.

PE Seal and Titleblock Rules - News - Maryland Board for Professional Engineers

DIGITAL SIGNATURES

The Board for Professional Engineers has adopted amendments to COMAR 09.23.03.09 to allow for the use of digital signatures by licensees. It is important to note that Maryland Professional Engineers may begin using digital signatures but they are not required to do so. The amendments became effective September 1, 2014.

SEAL REQUIREMENTS

A Licensee's seal shall be a seal consisting of the pictorial device of the Great Seal of Maryland as a center, surrounded by the words "State of Maryland" and "Professional Engineer" and the licensee's name and license number. An impression seal, rubber stamp facsimile, or digital seal is acceptable.

Thanks guys. Iwire unfortunately or fortunately I'll be living in Japan by then. Grrrrr I wanted to be there! I wonder if they can mail my certificate bc that paper license is so basic.
oh Japan is definitely way cooler than the Engineers night lol

They will mail the certificate to your address in the file

Those who passed wi received an invitation to the engineers night, you will received the certificate that night.
Any ideas when/where this occurs? I wasn't going to make the trip down from Philly, but the kids will be out of school, may just make a little trip of it if it's in Baltimore.

Ohio's ceremony was 3 months after the release date. Hopefully yours is sooner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any ideas when/where this occurs? I wasn't going to make the trip down from Philly, but the kids will be out of school, may just make a little trip of it if it's in Baltimore.
Sep! or close to it...look online

Where are you seeing this online? DLLR website?

Forgive me, I'm not a MD guy.

Where are you seeing this online? DLLR website?

Forgive me, I'm not a MD guy.
actually if you look at their previous newsletters the Oct exam will have a March night while the April will have a Sep night :)

Did you peruse the pictures? Those certificate are pretty nice. I wish I could attend.
Those certificate looks nice from 1000m away..it feel like **** LOL...thinner than a 80gram paper..

Did you peruse the pictures? Those certificate are pretty nice. I wish I could attend.
Those certificate looks nice from 1000m away..it feel like **** LOL...thinner than a 80gram paper..
Yes, the paper is really thin, really really thin, but it's not a problem once its carefully in a frame. What's more annoying to me is how the state seal and Chairman's signature is blurry from about 3 ft away. They look like It's looks like a stretched jpg of a scan.

While it could be better, it's still much better than no certificate. :D

Sounds like we need a 1st world PE problems thread. [emoji3]

Yes, the paper is really thin, really really thin, but it's not a problem once its carefully in a frame. What's more annoying to me is how the state seal and Chairman's signature is blurry from about 3 ft away. They look like It's looks like a stretched jpg of a scan.

While it could be better, it's still much better than no certificate. :D
ya i know right..but the pocket card quality way better....wish the paper quality is better but agreed better than nothing! LOL

Back