McDonald's Revamps Stores

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^Taco Bell - 87% real beef and 13% rat turds. Used to love it though.

As long as it's got some kind of whitish-green goo in it and I can drown it in Fire Sauce, I couldn't care less.

the town i grew up in in the 80's had a 50's Mcdonalds, it was actually "the place" to hang out for teenagers, well the ones that didnt have access to booze...but 25 years ago Wal Mart also wasnt a bad palce to go either...

There are a lot of folks from India in my grad classes. Apparently, McDonald's is a popular and common place to take someone on a first date.
Do they pick up a RedBox movie when they are finished dining, or is that reserved for the second date?

I wish they remodeled the mcDonalds to include playplaces...at least for those along the highway. If you aren't stopping at a designated rest stop, with grassy area to run, having a place to let kids strecth and play is a good thing.

Seems like most the kids rolling around in those are fighting a losing battle with a cold and/or bad hygiene.

Watch for a couple minutes and the kid bouncing around the most will probably puke up their Happy Meal.

I am far from germophobic but I would not enter a McDonald's play room without a ventilator and hazmat suit.

Just found out they are closing the McDonald's on our local campus.

Man, I chowed on some 29 cent cheeseburgers there when i was in school.

Not healthy in the least, but it's one of those icons on campus that I remember. Thinking about taking the kids down there for one last meal and go play on the quad afterward.

Lowry Mall McDonalds Closing

All the McDs franchises put in since 1999 around here are upscale with elegant style, big screen TVs, WiFi, etc. All have been remodeled starting around 1995 in the N. Dallas area.

I saw the attached the other day and after reading some of the posts of this thread & the original news posting, I feel it is fitting...

The local Mc D's have been sliding downhill for a while; no sort of revamping will make them appealing or inviting. They are all owned by one person, and the management between stores varies greatly (there's 3 in Fairbanks, 1 in North Pole). One location can get you in and out in under 10 minutes, while others are near a 1/2 hour wait for a drive through order during a non-rush time period. I don't really know why a person will wait that long in their car for food, I'd rather go to a nice restaurant and wait then subject myself to that kind of idiotic wait (especially with fuel over $4 a gallon right now!)

I've essentially stopped going to McD's, other when the g/f really wants an iced coffee (and we found only one of the local locations actually makes it correctly). Otherwise, we'll stay clear and take our business elsewhere.

McD__s.jpg

My brother and his family (3 kids) and my wife and I and our 2 kids went to Del Friscos in NYC. whil we were eating this older gentleman at the table next to us starts to choke and turn blue. the wait staff is on it and they lay him on the floor and call 911. Boy that was some great atnmosphere to enjoy your $75 steak! Luckily he was ok but they took him out on a stretcher.
Great way to get a free meal!

The McD near the office is now framed and sided. To be honest, the it looks like an insurance or accountant's office except for the big sign with the golden arches.

I don't drink coffee, but my wife loves the stuff and told me yesterday when we drove past McD that Starbucks is considering changing their model as well. At night, they would serve alcoholic drinks and more pub style food. It makes sense because what do you need a double espresso for an hour before bed.

The McD near the office is now framed and sided. To be honest, the it looks like an insurance or accountant's office except for the big sign with the golden arches.
I don't drink coffee, but my wife loves the stuff and told me yesterday when we drove past McD that Starbucks is considering changing their model as well. At night, they would serve alcoholic drinks and more pub style food. It makes sense because what do you need a double espresso for an hour before bed.

Finally, a reason I would actually WANT to go to Starbucks, though their idea of an alcoholic drink is probably a double-decaf mocha butt latte extra grundle froth, but with some Bailey's thrown in.

Latest posts

Back