Malls are dying

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only malls in the Denver area that seem to survive are either 1) outdoor, 2) outlet, or 3) upscale.

The "traditional" ones with JC Penny, et al, are dying slow painful deaths and causing huge "holes" of abandoned retail acreage.

The last time LadyFox was at a mall, she bought a really expensive pair of shoes.
But they were SO cute!!!
1. famous last words by every woman
2. spoken by men, nowhere.
You didn't spend enough time getting to know VTE!
perhaps, but I should clarify #2. I am smitten by a sexy pair of heels just like the next guy. However, I should Mrs. NJ come home with an expensive pair, those words would never leave my mouth.

I don't think it's online sales directly killing the malls. IMO what is killing the malls is the malls themselves, well there owners....

Developer A builds a mall so his friends can also build trendy apartments next to the mall. developer B builds more trendy apartments just beyond the inner rim of the mall, maybe some "mixed residential development". All the developers are happy as they make tons of money...

15 years go by and another mall is built , this one a little further into the suburbs.... The trendy apartments are now half empty, the tenants are less than stellar and this results in a lower quality of customers for the mall who no longer sell trendy jeans and pizza slices....

Which closes down the mall as it becomes more of a hang out place for troubled youth who don't actually buy anything.....

New Urbanism: "Cars suck, people who drive cars suck, suburbs suck, big stores suck, no one should have more than 400 sqft or any private outdoor space. People should live in apartments on top of small retail stores where they shop and walk or take transit to their jobs."

New Urbanism: "Cars suck, people who drive cars suck, suburbs suck, big stores suck, no one should have more than 400 sqft or any private outdoor space. People should live in apartments on top of small retail stores where they shop and walk or take transit to their jobs."
sounds like my cousin's hubby to be. Want to meet up for dinner at a Chain restaurant...he wont come with her.

Latest posts

Back