McDonald's Revamps Stores

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From a businees perspective, why would you want people to "hang out" at your place? They aren't going to buy more food. It's not a bar. I'd want them to come in, eat, and get out to make room for the next paying customer to sit down.
I suppose they might be trying to get more people in the door. I've done a lot of networking at Starbucks or other coffee shops because they have places to have a causal conversation. Other than that, my spending at Starbucks would be $0. But the atmosphere/location make it conducive to have informal meetings so I spend some money there.

Not that I am sure it will work. I can't imagine ever trying to network with someone and suggesting McDs. More of an image/branding than a quality of location. For McD's to change that it is going to take a lot more than $1b on construction and not sure if it is worth it. In marketing, everything is a trade-off and you can't be everything to everyone.

As for the dollar menu, you can't beat $1 large diet cokes. I am pretty sure on Sunday mornings, I can just say the usual and I would get my large diet when I pull around to the drivethru window.

Wal Mart has changed its image to appear more upscale, why not McDonalds?

Of course it makes me wonder if they won't go the way of TG&Y, Montgomery Ward et al.

^and walmart has reversed course on that front. Read an article awhile back about how the the upscale thing wasn't working so they were going to go back to the basics like before...at least in the markets were it wasn't working.

McD's wants to move in on one of the "yuppie" areas in town- Vinnings for you Atlanta folks, they came in and did a dog and pony show how that Mcdonalds woudl look like a starbucks, and fit in with the yuppie theme of Vinings...

they were still shown the door at the zoning meeting by the yuppies....

^and walmart has reversed course on that front. Read an article awhile back about how the the upscale thing wasn't working so they were going to go back to the basics like before...at least in the markets were it wasn't working.
I haven't noticed anything 'upscale' at Wallyworld, unless they think that cheap looking wood they put in the clothing section is upscale.

McD's wants to move in on one of the "yuppie" areas in town- Vinnings for you Atlanta folks, they came in and did a dog and pony show how that Mcdonalds woudl look like a starbucks, and fit in with the yuppie theme of Vinings...
There are a couple of McDs in the Chicago burbs that apparently did the same thing to fit in. Deerfield comes to mind.

There's only one reason to eat McD's...

No Taco Bell is close by.

our taco bell is currently not open due to rebuilding a new one next door, they needed the power line so they finally had to close until the new building is ready.

^At those prices, I'll cook it myself! Yikes!
Don't be such a tight wad. Take the missus out in style.

My brother and his family (3 kids) and my wife and I and our 2 kids went to Del Friscos in NYC. whil we were eating this older gentleman at the table next to us starts to choke and turn blue. the wait staff is on it and they lay him on the floor and call 911. Boy that was some great atnmosphere to enjoy your $75 steak! Luckily he was ok but they took him out on a stretcher.

From a businees perspective, why would you want people to "hang out" at your place? They aren't going to buy more food. It's not a bar. I'd want them to come in, eat, and get out to make room for the next paying customer to sit down.
I suppose they might be trying to get more people in the door. I've done a lot of networking at Starbucks or other coffee shops because they have places to have a causal conversation. Other than that, my spending at Starbucks would be $0. But the atmosphere/location make it conducive to have informal meetings so I spend some money there.

Not that I am sure it will work. I can't imagine ever trying to network with someone and suggesting McDs. More of an image/branding than a quality of location. For McD's to change that it is going to take a lot more than $1b on construction and not sure if it is worth it. In marketing, everything is a trade-off and you can't be everything to everyone.

As for the dollar menu, you can't beat $1 large diet cokes. I am pretty sure on Sunday mornings, I can just say the usual and I would get my large diet when I pull around to the drivethru window.
they had a filet-o-fish special here for the past month or so. (2) FoF for $3.33 and (2) large fries for $3.33. For less than $7 myu wife and I ate on fridays during lent. Yes it was quite different than Del Frisco's

Freakin' snobs. They tried to build a McD's on Martha' Vineyard for years. I believe McD's gave up the fight and it will never happen

There are a couple of McDs in the Chicago burbs that apparently did the same thing to fit in. Deerfield comes to mind.
maybe I am biased growing up in Deerfield, but the McD's on Waukgean Rd has the best cheeseburgers of any McD's I've been to.

Are you talking about Lake Forest? There was a huge fight about them opening one there. They finally got the ok, but no drive thru, no arch sign, and they had (not sure if they still do), made to order omelets on Sunday mornings.

I'm guessing they wouldn't like this one.

Off the MA Turnpike in the western part of the state in Ludlow, MA

It's pretty new and they built it to look retro.

maybe I am biased growing up in Deerfield, but the McD's on Waukgean Rd has the best cheeseburgers of any McD's I've been to.

Are you talking about Lake Forest? There was a huge fight about them opening one there. They finally got the ok, but no drive thru, no arch sign, and they had (not sure if they still do), made to order omelets on Sunday mornings.
I think you're right, it's the one in Lake Forest by the METRA station. I've only seen it from the train but my wife told me about all the fighting that went on to get it approved.

We have an upscale McDonald's that's done in stone and brown colors. It still smells like a McDonald's, though. Bonus is that it has a PlayPlace, which during a long winter is a lifesaver. I also agree with them along the way when traveling. Nothing like letting the kid out to run for awhile.

Latest posts

Back