Maryland PE Status

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed - Fire Protection

For any of those who need to take a review course for this PE Exam, the SFPE online review course was very good for this exam.

Congrats to everyone who passed. Good luck in the future to all those who didn't. Keep your head up!

I know the holidays throw a wrench into the work weeks but I was wondering if anyone has received the e-mail from NCEES/PCS/MD? I'm sure it hasn't come out yet but want to make sure it didn't somehow get filtered out of my inbox.

Can anyone share where the email comes from that contains the registration number for online license application as per the results notice. Thanks.

Anyone in MD get their registration # yet? Today is the tenth day from when I received the email saying I passed and it would be emailed to me within 10 days.

I never got an email from NCEES, and I have not yet received anything in the mail about my registration #. It was probably 10 business days, and remember they had off Friday and Monday after we found out

Thanks. I received an email on December 22nd saying my results were posted. You may want to check your NCEES login and call if you haven't.

I didn't get an e-mail that my results were posted, but I found out they were posted thanks to this Message Board. I tried to call Maryland DLLR today but straight to voicemail. Maybe the end of the week?

I emailed the Maryland PCS Client Coordinator today (January 4, 2012) and received this response at 9:57 AM:

Good morning,

If you passed your PE examination, PCS will email you a letter with your registration number and information with How to Apply for a license in Maryland. This email will be sent today or at the latest tomorrow.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you.

I have receieved a email from PCS with my registration number and direction to apply for license today

For anyone getting a stamp, the Code of Maryland Regulations, Title 09, Subtitle 23 states:

B. A licensee's seal shall be a seal consisting of the pictorial device of the Great Seal of Maryland as a center, surrounded by the words "State of Maryland" and "Professional Engineer" and the licensee's name and license number.

I know people were wondering whether to put 'Licensed' or 'Registered' Professional Engineer. Don't put either!

For you Maryland guys that are buying a seal, I would also consider buying a stamp for the following regulation:

"Documents described in this chapter shall contain the following certification: "Professional Certification. I hereby certify that these documents were prepared or approved by me, and that I am a duly licensed professional engineer under the laws of the State of Maryland, License No._____, Expiration Date:_______________.""

You can always have this typed in your titleblock but it may be a good idea to have this on a stamp in case it is ever needed. I think I got one for like $6.

Can anyone share about how long it took from the time you registered online to the time you got your certificate in the mail. Also how long it took for you license to show up as active on the DLLR site. Thanks.

Is there any guidance for ink color for PE stamps? I couldn't find anything specific for Maryland.

I was going to order a stamp, but wasn't sure if there was an ink color requirement?

It only took roughly 30 days for me to get my Maryland license in hand ... that was from reciprocity though.

Back