Level of engineering education in the US

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a good way to keep from getting "insulted and the like" ...
mary, is it just me, or does it sound like Miss Teen SC wrote that "insulted and the like?" It reminded me of 'The Iraq.'

How about that US Open playoff yesterday? :oops: appears were still measuring d#cks around here. . . .

Hey, let's hijack the thread and keep it from dragging in the ditch. Yeah! How 'bout the sudden death!

sudden death was good, was hoping they weren't gonna have to play another 18 holes!! The US major is weird like that. . . . .

HWY PE said:
What'd I miss?
Want my opinion.... no, oh well, too bad, I'm an admin so I'll give it. Who gives a shit, do you get a paycheck every payday for doing your engineering job that you got by going to your engineering school? Can you feed your family and pay your mortgage with your degree? If you have to answer no to either of those questions then your degree ain't worth shit. If you can answer yes to both of those questions, then move to question 3. Can you have a little fun with the money you make after you've met your financial obligations? If you can answer yes to that, well, fuck bro, you're successful.
That might possibly be the best post I've ever read on this message board. Well done.

Hi,
Having the opportunity to work in an international environment...
In my opinion, it is a very human characteristic to think that one's own difficult experiences (read: professional training) are the most difficult out there.

There are engineering programs in the US that are quite good, as in many other nations.

That being said, I don't really care what someone trained in Spain, the UK, Turkey, India, China, or Russia thinks of the state of engineering education in the US; my engineering program (not even in the top 100) was a solid program and a great preparation for my chosen area of work.

The name 'golf' was chosen for the sport because all the other four letter words were taken.

lol, a trick question because you guys are tired of this topic. I am too, I suppose. I really want to say something substantive to carlitoUK, but I suppose I will hold off :D

Yes I play golf; I play it quite badly but I like getting out of the house and walking around and trying to do little things well.

HWY PE said:
What'd I miss?
Want my opinion.... no, oh well, too bad, I'm an admin so I'll give it. Who gives a shit, do you get a paycheck every payday for doing your engineering job that you got by going to your engineering school? Can you feed your family and pay your mortgage with your degree? If you have to answer no to either of those questions then your degree ain't worth shit. If you can answer yes to both of those questions, then move to question 3. Can you have a little fun with the money you make after you've met your financial obligations? If you can answer yes to that, well, fuck bro, you're successful.
HWY PE,

I get your point, but not everyone works to live. If I worked to live, I wouldn't be doing what I am now...

Back