Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there should be some prerequists for being Santa at the mall...like actually have a slight belly so the costume fits. Minisnick was all excited then when he turned the corner to visit with Santa he froze and frowned. After pictures he whispered in Mr snicks ear that that was a fake Santa. I think he was expecting the guy from last year...who truely fit the description. While we were waiting in line I had told mr snick (minisnick was further ahead of us out of earshot) that minisnick was going to notice the difference, he is very observant.

Depends on the mall. Around here the "upscale" malls pay big bucks to get the most realistic Santa. The blue collar malls not so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
^this mall usually DOES get the realistic santas with ultra velvet suits and vests. Last years guy was awesome if I still believed in Santa he would have been the bomb of all santas. This years guy took no pride in his costume wrinkled and worn and he probably weighed 120 lbs soaking wet.

Ok, did your kids complain their mouth hurt before a tooth fell out? last night and this morning minisnick was complaining about a tooth hurting and it looked fine not loose yet

My kid likes to tell all dressed up people (Santa, Disney characters, etc) they aren't the real one. She isn't even 6 yet and has been doing this since she was 4. She still has a lot of fun seeing them and I think she believes in a "real" santa, just not the people in the stores.

Probably my fault, I was the kid at 6 who was arguing with other kids Santa wasn't real because magic isn't real and no one can supply all those toys and deliver them. My parents never tried to get me to believe in any of the childhood holiday characters. Guess I was on track for engineering from the beginning.

Ok, did your kids complain their mouth hurt before a tooth fell out? last night and this morning minisnick was complaining about a tooth hurting and it looked fine not loose yet
Oldest has lost 2, she didn't complain about it hurting. She was afraid it would hurt when it came out but I don't think it ever hurt while loose.

got to love minisnick. Asked him what he wanted for dinner the other day and he replied, Shrimp. So we made breaded shrimp, when he got to the table he said (a little bummed), oh, I meant the kind of shrimp with no stuff on it.

My wife always let the kids pick dinner on their birthdays. When My son was ~5, my wife asked what he wanted, expecting the stereotypical McD's, etc. He said he wanted swordfish on the grill.

Ok then, that's what we had.

Mrs. NJ just called me in a complete panic. She said #1 was playing in her room not too long ago. Meanwhile #3 (11 mos old) crawled over to #1's open bedroom door and stopped there. Innocently she put her hand in the hinge side of the door jamb. not realizing that her hand was there, #1 closed the door on #3's fingers. No picture of it, but she described as looking crippled. No word on what the damage done was, mainly because she won't let Mrs. NJ touch it. However when she was able to touch it, she got it to bend so hopefully that means it's not broke.

Yikes! I sure hope she's ok. If Mrs. NJ gives her some ice cubes to hold/play with maybe she can get in for a closer look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes! I sure hope she's ok. If Mrs. NJ gives her some ice cubes to hold/play with maybe she can get in for a closer look.
that's exactly what she told me she was doing. She gave her a bag of frozen veges.

thanks everyone. I asked for a picture, but #3 won't cooperate. I was told that she is beginning to bend it to pick up toys so that is a very good sign.

Luckily kids fingers are more cartilage than bone. I hope she's alright.

thanks everyone. I asked for a picture, but #3 won't cooperate. I was told that she is beginning to bend it to pick up toys so that is a very good sign.

Awesome news, hope you report back with a full, speedy recovery. Good thing about kids (in my limited experience), they're resilient and don't focus on one thing for too long. Fall and bump on the head...cry for couple seconds, and then back to climbing.

Back