just graduated, any advice? civil

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sorry if so many people here are stuck and are in bad situations here in the USA . I've stongly believe loyalty to anything other than family and friends is dumb.
Yeah, just about everything you said about six months ago you are now saying is incorrect. So at the very least your advice has a very short shelf life.. THe truth is you were pretty much wrong both times. But I'm sorry you can't hack it here.

Uh, who are these so many people you are posting about? Are you talking about ironhead? In that case I believe you may have found a suitable audience for your pearls of wisdom. Assuming you aren't the same person.

Yes, some people are going through tough times, but many are thriving right here. I still make over six figures, BTW, right here in the good ol' USA . Many people do. And many engineers are being offered and accepting new positions.

But I also thought one of your words of widsom was about the value of a PE license, and how engineering was THE field in the US. Is this license of great use in Australia? I was unaware they recognized it.

What is truly hilarious is this thing you have for posting links to career websites for random jobs. You did the same thing a few months ago when you were extolling the virtues of the civil engineering profession in the US. Now you've switched to international websites. Neither is evidence of anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry if so many people here are stuck and are in bad situations here in the USA . I've stongly believe loyalty to anything other than family and friends is dumb.
Yeah, just about everything you said about six months ago you are now saying is incorrect. So at the very least your advice has a very short shelf life.. THe truth is you were pretty much wrong both times. But I'm sorry you can't hack it here.

Uh, who are these so many people you are posting about? Are you talking about ironhead? In that case I believe you may have found a suitable audience for your pearls of wisdom. Assuming you aren't the same person.

Yes, some people are going through tough times, but many are thriving right here. I still make over six figures, BTW, right here in the good ol' USA . Many people do. And many engineers are being offered and accepting new positions.
Of course you do benbo. And you are right, tons of new jobs out there for the many bright young engineers looking for work.

My Bad.

But I also thought one of your words of widsom was about the value of a PE license, and how engineering was THE field in the US. Is this license of great use in Australia? I was unaware they recognized it.
It got me a permanent resident visa. But, you're right - other than that, it's not the same as here in the states. Try getting a visa without one though...

What is truly hilarious is this thing you have for posting links to career websites for random jobs. You did the same thing a few months ago when you were extolling the virtues of the civil engineering profession in the US. Now you've switched to international websites. Neither is evidence of anything.
Find me similar job postings for the states...

but... you know benbo... all this misses the point.

You have a lot of anger friend. it is understandable, times are truly tough. I have nothing but love for you brother and hope you are able to feed your family. All that rage makes me question just how good thngs are going for you. BUT, don't be ashamed man. seriously. It's bad for everyone. Try some relaxation execises.

As for "hacking it" on an internet message board. I live in the real world. And the real world is that this country is f***ed. I know the market is like, internet bravado aside. Many a PhD Engineer bagging groceries right now here in the states. Don't be ashames of your own circumstance... whatever it truly is. I judge no one.

I made a mistake in bragging about having a VISA to leave this country. It was an unnecessary provocation to people who are suffering and don't have that choice. apologies.

peace and love brother, seriously. Get outside and enjoy the sunshine. life is short.

I'll pray for America while I'm in OZ.... and you.

To quote "Get Him to The Greek"

Sh-t is serious out there! the bubble done popped!

Cheerio

^^^^

You are a serious kook my friend. But I encourage anybody who is similarly nutty to pack up and leave for Down Under. Of course, nobody knows where you'll be heading in six months. I actually suspect you'll be graduating from Junior High, based on the content of your posts, but that's a different story.

I'm doing just great with my hefty salary. Sorry you can't make it here. Well, not really.

BTW - my brother and sister in law both live in Australia and do nothing but complain about the high taxes and backwards living conditions. Enjoy. I hope nobody mistakes a troll such as yourself for an aborigine. They aren't treated very well.

I just came across an interesting quote that seemed somewhat relevant to this thread.

Anybody who thinks money can make you happy hasn't got money

Quoting one of my high school teachers:

Your mother always told you that you can't buy happiness. What she neglected to tell you was that you can rent it.

I just came across an interesting quote that seemed somewhat relevant to this thread.

Anybody who thinks money can make you happy hasn't got money
Money can't make you happy.

But not having any money, or owing a lot of money can sure make you unhappy. Or at least make it harder to be happy.

When I read posts like this I wonder if people said the country was falling apart when we were battling those damn commies, or during the 20's, or even during the antebellum period. We seem to have made it through those times fairly well, maybe every generation just need something to complain about. If things weren't doom and gloom, what would people talk about?

pics_motivational-this-will-not-end-well.jpg

"There's two things I won't do for money; I won't kill for it and I won't marry for it. other than that, I'm pretty open." - Jim Rockford

benbo,

nothing but love brother. I will truly pray for america - but I'm not going to be sticking around to see the final act. it won't be pretty. There are simply greener pastures elsewhere.

I feel the way a migrant leaving some central america dirt-hole and coming to the states must have felt like 30 years ago. Leaving behind a poverty-stricken and corrupt homeland for a better life.

I would like nothing more than, 5 years from now, to be proven wrong - and that america will be back on track. but deep in your fearful heart.... you know I am right. it gets worse from here.

cheerio

benbo,
nothing but love brother. I will truly pray for america - but I'm not going to be sticking around to see the final act. it won't be pretty. There are simply greener pastures elsewhere.

I feel the way a migrant leaving some central america dirt-hole and coming to the states must have felt like 30 years ago. Leaving behind a poverty-stricken and corrupt homeland for a better life.

I would like nothing more than, 5 years from now, to be proven wrong - and that america will be back on track. but deep in your fearful heart.... you know I am right. it gets worse from here.

cheerio
You're back again, Crocodile RoyT?

I thought you'd be off somewhere blowing on a didgeridoo.

benbo,

cheerio
You're back again, Crocodile RoyT?

I thought you'd be off somewhere blowing on a didgeridoo.

HAHA! you know i missed your comment about being mistaken for an "aborigine". LOL If I were a black guy I'd be really offended right now!

Sorry to disappoint, but my ancestors were russian and german, I'm as white as snow dude... the only way I get mistaken for an aborigine is if I perform "black-face" on the streets of Sydney.

my only fear is sunburns and skin cancer... and that my wife will catch me leering at all those hot aussie girls... ;-)~

later benbo!

If I were a black guy I'd be really offended right now!
Wow. This comment is so bizarre I can only think you made it to render me speechless. It almost worked.

I assure you, when I made the comment about trolls such as yourself and aborigines the skin color of aborigines did not even enter my mind. Frankly, skin pigmentation is pretty much insignificant to me. It wouldn't occur to me to think of an aboriginal as a "black guy." And I was completely unaware that trolls came in a particular hue. I didn't think I had to spell it out, but maybe you were unaware that both trolls and aborigines are noted for their diminutive stature. That was the issue. And my comment was more directed at the backward attitude of a significant portion of the Australian population towards their indigenous people. I hope I've cleared that up, because I don't think I can explain it at a more remedial level.

There is a bright spot however. If you actually believe that being compared to an enduring native population is something to be offended about, you will probably fit in just fine over there.

If I were a black guy I'd be really offended right now!
Wow. This comment is so bizarre I can only think you made it to render me speechless. It almost worked.

I assure you, when I made the comment about trolls such as yourself and aborigines the skin color of aborigines did not even enter my mind. Frankly, skin pigmentation is pretty much insignificant to me. It wouldn't occur to me to think of an aboriginal as a "black guy." And I was completely unaware that trolls came in a particular hue. I didn't think I had to spell it out, but maybe you were unaware that both trolls and aborigines are noted for their diminutive stature. That was the issue. And my comment was more directed at the backward attitude of a significant portion of the Australian population towards their indigenous people. I hope I've cleared that up, because I don't think I can explain it at a more remedial level.

There is a bright spot however. If you actually believe that being compared to an enduring native population is something to be offended about, you will probably fit in just fine over there.
my god you are boring. i might as well be talking to rainman. no mas.

Latest posts

Back