Job Interview

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The base salary is a little lower than I wanted, but with the benefits and bonus program they have it is definately a step up from the company I was with last. I will also have the opportunity for advancement and alot of professional development within the company.
I think I mentioned that I started with a new company almost 7 months ago. One of the disappointments coming into the interviewing was the offering of a lower base salary than I expected but the truth of the matter is that many companies are offering lower base salaries and making more of the salary 'contingent' salary, so you don't lose much there, so to speak. Good to hear that working environment, professional development and other benefits more than compensate for the lower base salary. The true was same for me when I took my job and honestly I have been VERY happy.

Out of curiousity, where is this job taking you? I am a Florida grad and lived in Tallahassee up until taking my new job; now I live in Michigan. Big change but I am definitely happy I did it. :)

I start next week I'll let you know how it goes.
Please do!

JR

The job is in Tampa Bay area, but there is travel involved which I do not mind. It will mostly likely be throughout Florida and some other states.

The job is in Tampa Bay area, but there is travel involved which I do not mind. It will mostly likely be throughout Florida and some other states.
Just getting a job in Florida is no mean feat, congrats on that. I left the state and glad I did.

However, I have to say, it does bug me to hear of engineers (P.E.'s) getting low-balled, anywhere. But... It is survival time - so ya gotta do what ya gotta do I guess.

After 6 months the market should turn, if they don't raise your salary to what you think your worth, I'd look elsewhere.

just my :2cents:

Latest posts

Back