Jeopardy contestant "shaking things up"

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alex Trebek is a pompous a$$. FWIW, I think the strategy of taking the "daily doubles" away from the other players is a low-life play. It's not against the rules, but it should be. I'd propose a minimum wager equal to the amount on the board for that question.

Last edited by a moderator:
He played the way they used to play when Art Fleming was the host. They played all over the board. Going for the big money first is the smart move.

I don't get the hooplah.

I suspect manufactured drama.

I like how the smartest way of playing isn't considered ethical on a show whose intent is to reward the smartest contestant.

the guy isn't totally smart.. he got a math problem wrong... gave the dimensions of a room in feet and the price of flooring in square yards... the dude said it was going to cost like $24,000 to carpet a room 10x12 or something like that... I think a genius should know to check units

You know who this sounds like a job for???

|

|

V

Turd-Ferguson.jpg

Stopped ny my uncle's last night and he was watching WoF. I said Vanna is getting a little long in the tooth and it's time to retire her for a younger hotter babe. I realize that she's an experienced "letter turner" and all but eye- candy isn't candy anymore when it's been in the dish for a really long time.

I used to love to watch jeopardy. however, now with kids running around and screaming, I find it difficult to follow.

My 8yr old loves watching it, although he gets mad when Mrs Dex or I answer the question before the contestants.

So let me get this straight, not only is jeopardy still on tv, but so is wheel of fortune? And they are being watched by people under 70?

Back