Illinois update....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations to everyone who has passed!

Even though I see the same screen on the Continental Testing Services website that says 'pass', I am still in state of disbelief. Walking out of that exam, I had some secret hopes that there may be a chance I had passed, but was almost certain that I would have to retake. Does anyone know what the results are going to show up in NCEES? For some reason, I would feel much more relieved after I see a 'pass' there. Also, who is supposed to send us an official email/letter in Illinois and when should that happen?

Thank you and congrats to everyone again! For those who didn't receive good news, keep your heads up, you will get it next time! 

Congratulations to everyone who has passed!

Even though I see the same screen on the Continental Testing Services website that says 'pass', I am still in state of disbelief. Walking out of that exam, I had some secret hopes that there may be a chance I had passed, but was almost certain that I would have to retake. Does anyone know what the results are going to show up in NCEES? For some reason, I would feel much more relieved after I see a 'pass' there. Also, who is supposed to send us an official email/letter in Illinois and when should that happen?

Thank you and congrats to everyone again! For those who didn't receive good news, keep your heads up, you will get it next time! 
Does your CTS profile say "Pass" next to the Overall Exam Results line? Mine still says "incomplete for licensure."

Did CTS possibly not update all of the Illinois testing centers by close if business Friday? I've read some past years' threads that suggested people's profiles might be pending while others have been updated. 

This whole process has been quite frustrating and discouraging. I suspect I that I may not have passed, but I'm just trying to get a handle on how CTS is releasing the results.  

I forgot to mention that I took my test at the Northlake location. 

Yes, I have a 'pass' on the overall exam results line , and a pass on the line below where the test date is listed. Just like txjennah has it shown a few posts above. 

I would imagine that it's possible that CTS has not updated your results yet, as my site said "incomplete for licensure" up until about 4pm yesterday. My test was in Carbondale, though. I keep checking my NCEES profile to see if anything gets posted there, but it still says "Result Pending". Not sure what to expect there, and when to expect it. 

Unfortunately, I am also unclear on how CTS will release results. Maybe it gets mailed directly to candidates, or it goes to the Illinois Board, or does it go to NCEES?

Thanks. It still does appear that some people have the "Pass" next to the "Overall Exam Results" Line. If you pass, shouldn't it say "Pass" in both spots and if you fail, shouldn't it be the same way, but with "Fail" instead? Maybe I'm just splitting hairs here, but Does this mean anything? Maybe not. 

Okay, thanks for the info. I failed last April and received an NCEES email that instructed me to login and view the official results. 

I'm a bit gun shy when it comes to trusting the CTS database, based on some of the horror stories I've read in past threads. The sooner NCEES releases results the better.

Okay, thanks for the info. I failed last April and received an NCEES email that instructed me to login and view the official results. 
I'm a bit gun shy when it comes to trusting the CTS database, based on some of the horror stories I've read in past threads. The sooner NCEES releases results the better.

I would bet they are up first thing Monday...CTS released results at 4pm on Friday, which is after business hours for NCEES on EST.

If you don’t mind me asking, what horror stories are you referring to? Has CTS released erroneous results before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does your CTS profile say "Pass" next to the Overall Exam Results line? Mine still says "incomplete for licensure."

Did CTS possibly not update all of the Illinois testing centers by close if business Friday? I've read some past years' threads that suggested people's profiles might be pending while others have been updated. 

This whole process has been quite frustrating and discouraging. I suspect I that I may not have passed, but I'm just trying to get a handle on how CTS is releasing the results.  
Do you have the 4 years of experience? Mine is the same way, and was wondering if it was because I don't have the experience yet?

I would bet they are up first thing Monday...CTS released results at 4pm on Friday, which is after business hours for NCEES on EST.

If you don’t mind me asking, what horror stories are you referring to? Has CTS released erroneous results before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m sure hoping that’s the case for me, I checked CTS and saw that I had failed. I’m also looking forward to the NCEES posting on Monday morning. Do you guys know if the diagnostic report is available right away on the website or does that get mailed to you? Thanks. Best of luck to you all. 

There is a good chance that I failed too, but if that's the case, I'll pass next time. Same goes for you. 

However, if there is a slim (and I mean very very slim) chance that CTS isn't done updating test results and the system is displaying a "Fail" in error, then that would be wonderful. Unfortunately, I wouldn't bank on that being the case. The NCEES results will soon put all of the speculation to rest and we can all move on with our lives. Best of luck to everyone!

I know mine says pass and I don’t have the 4 years of experience yet.
Mine says "pass" as well on the CTS website, but I am still about a year away from having the required experience for the license. 

Is anyone aware if we're required to continue working in Illinois while attaining the experience? I am curious how it would impact the licensing if I was to move to a different state and work outside of Illinois for the remaining year...?

There is a good chance that I failed too, but if that's the case, I'll pass next time. Same goes for you. 

However, if there is a slim (and I mean very very slim) chance that CTS isn't done updating test results and the system is displaying a "Fail" in error, then that would be wonderful. Unfortunately, I wouldn't bank on that being the case. The NCEES results will soon put all of the speculation to rest and we can all move on with our lives. Best of luck to everyone!
Has anyone gotten their NCEES email yet? Still sitting here refreshing all the time...

Same here, waiting for the email from NCEES. I keep logging in to myNCEES too, and it still shows "Pending..."

Same here, waiting for the email from NCEES. I keep logging in to myNCEES too, and it still shows "Pending..."
Here’s what I got back on the Live Chat on NCEES when I asked about NCEES posting results...

“The results have already been released to the state boards. Some boards have already released to individuals. As soon as the state board where you took the exam gives permission to NCEES to post the results into your account, we will do so.”

Here’s what I got back on the Live Chat on NCEES when I asked about NCEES posting results...

The results have already been released to the state boards. Some boards have already released to individuals. As soon as the state board where you took the exam gives permission to NCEES to post the results into your account, we will do so.”

Does that mean we need to start calling the Illinois State Board and ask them? Or is this a normal procedure that someone knows will only take another few hours or minutes?

Back