I canNOT concentrate!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When Lic#31869 finally showes up on the NC site, I think I will be affraid to search for my name. I will proably have to call and ask my wife to check, I just know I will be shaking like a leaf.

:unsure: If I pass, I wonder what I'll be able to do with my HP 33S? Considering I spent my entire college education and career using a HP48GX, I am going back to it. Maybe I can MacGyver :ph43r: a wicked cool cypher lock for my outside basement door? Where are my results?!!! :brick:

I am going to toss mine in the air and empty by Benelli on it with #6 shot. I wonder how long I can keep it in the air. ;guns;

Given enough cordite and buckshot...anything's probability of survival drops to zero.... ;guns;

I had a glitzy TI-83 graphing calc in college, followed by a TI-86 in grad school.

I had an old Casio scientific calc from high school that I kept around at work because I didn't care if it got destroyed at a job site.

When it came time to get a calculator for the PE, I picked a Casio 115-fx MS Plus.

It was more sophisticated than my old one from high school but the keys, display, and logic were generally the same. I was happy I didn't have to familiarize myself with something totally new.

The funny thing is that the one I got in HS was like $25 in 1996. The newer, better was only $15 in 2006. Amazing how the technology comes along.

I'm with you Enviro, I favor the TI and Casio.

I always thought that showed my age though. Or I am just cheap.

[SIZE=21pt]Ready to Party!!!![/SIZE]

:beerchug

:drunk:

an HP 33 should sell nicely on ebay...I hope thats what I will be doing with mine!

I preferred TI graphing calculators, and Casio scientific calculators. (But not the other way around!!!)

I just found them to be very functional and user friendly. And durable. I've had my old Casio for 10+ years, and I've taken it all over in the field with me.

I still think the worst sound in the world though, is the sound of a TI faling off a desk and the batteries exploding out of the back of it. And then the pained look on the owner as he wonders if it will turn on anymore. :(

I got the Casio 115 because I read good reports about it. I also read the HP33 was not so good- and I am an HP guy (HP48SX from about 15 years ago).

My wife must have thought I was losing it, but didn't say anything. I bought a second $15 Casio so I could have a spare at the test. At first I told her I wasn't going to open it so I could return it if it wasn't needed. How silly is that? A $15 calculator and I need to return it??? :D

Eventually, I opened it so I could use one at work and leave one in the study brief case.

Ed

I don't know. I always liked that sound as long as it was not mine.

Course I'm a sadistic, sick, garage moniker, *******.

:bad:

I don't know about anyone else but the SOLVE feature on the HP saved me some wicked time with some of the bigger equations (i.e. the general form of the lateral earth pressure coefficient)..... :blink: Seems like a random post now because I had to step away from the workstation...

I cant take it anymore. I have been obsessed over results for about the past week. I dont care anymore (i really do). Please ELSES put me out of my misery before the weekend. :tone:

I am not getting too anxious to do anything as well.

I got alot finished this morning, but knowing mail is probably in my mailbox has me SPAZZIN!!!!!!

My wife must have thought I was losing it, but didn't say anything. I bought a second $15 Casio so I could have a spare at the test. At first I told her I wasn't going to open it so I could return it if it wasn't needed. How silly is that? A $15 calculator and I need to return it???
I bought two of the same model as well. For an extra $15, it was worth it for the piece of mind in case my primary one took a major dump on test day.

Back