How many years out of college were you when you got your PE??

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FE in April 2006 @ 21

BS in Dec 2007 @ 22

PE in Oct 2011 @ 26, first try
Very impressive Kim. Good job.

8 years for me. Graduated in 2001, passed PE first time in Spring 2009. Not my choice. NYS has it out for future licensees, and wouldn't let me in when I originally applied in 2006. PA has it figured out and let me take it first application. I know of at least 9 other fellow graduates that had problems in NYS and ventured across the state border to take it. Anyone else have problems with NYS???
Where is NYS

Are you talking about New York State? Why not just say NY
LOL, I always wonder that too cdc. Dex, can I say I live in CAS? ;)

BS in 1981. PE power in 2010. Almost 30 years. Passed first attempt - studied my ass off. Think work experiance helped a lot. It was very satisfying to get the license and frame it and put PE on business card. Have not stamped diddley squat yet.

May, 2006 graudated from Mechanical Engineer. (23 years old)

Oct, 2008 passed FE exam. (25 years old)

Oct, 2010 passed PE exam. (27 years old)

So 4.5 years passed the PE after gradated from University.

Right now I am 28 years old but 2 weeks from now that I will turn 29 years old.

By mid-Aug that I will becom daddy at age 29.

Last edited by a moderator:
FE in April 2006 @ 21

BS in Dec 2007 @ 22

PE in Oct 2011 @ 26, first try
Very impressive Kim. Good job.

8 years for me. Graduated in 2001, passed PE first time in Spring 2009. Not my choice. NYS has it out for future licensees, and wouldn't let me in when I originally applied in 2006. PA has it figured out and let me take it first application. I know of at least 9 other fellow graduates that had problems in NYS and ventured across the state border to take it. Anyone else have problems with NYS???
Where is NYS

Are you talking about New York State? Why not just say NY
LOL, I always wonder that too cdc. Dex, can I say I live in CAS? ;)
In that case, I live in COS.

I'm sure there are a few here who live in the State of Indiana (SIN).

I can't think of anything for TAN though...

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't think of anything for TAN though...
Here's something that shouldn't be TAN

bikini-top-swimsuit-tan-lines.jpg

EIT while in school, 2005

Graduated in 2006, Civil

PE in 2011, 5 years out.

So 4.5 years passed the PE after gradated from University.

Right now I am 28 years old but 2 weeks from now that I will turn 29 years old.

By mid-Aug that I will becom daddy at age 29.
Congrats chaocl! You take care of your baby momma now, hear?

I was out college for about 21 years when I decided to go for licensure. It was a two year process. I took a review course for the 8hr, seismic and survey. I failed all three the first try but I was ok with that because even though I took the review courses which took up alot of weekends I did not devote much time to additional studying. I passed the 8-hr on second try (April 2010) after a disciplined study routine. Passed seismic October 2010 and survey April 2011. After failing all 3 the first time I decided to focus on one test at a time. I received my PE certificate in June 2011. To all those taking the tests this week, good luck and don't give up if you fail.

4 yrs out from undergrad (3 from MS), I essentially got it at my first authorized test date.

Latest posts

Back