How many years out of college were you when you got your PE??

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
17 years after graduating from college I took the pe and passed. Probably never would have taken it if the opportunity at work, which required a PE, hadn't have come up. Never needed it until that time.

FE - April 2008

BSCE - May 2009

MSCE - May 2009

PE 8 hour and Surveying - April 2011

Seismic - October 2011

2.5 years out of school. 24 years old.

Graduated BSEE 2008.

Passed PE, Electrical this October 2011.

Currently age 24.

I wonder if I am the youngest one here?

Graduated 2001, FE 2011, PE 2011. What a year! Midlife crisis? lol!

BS Civil Engineering Dec. 2005

Masters Fire Protection Engineering Dec 2010

Took FPE exam Oct. 2010 failed (got a 68)

Retook October 2011 PASSED (still feels good to say that :) )

BS CE 2007

M.S. Structural Eng. 2008

Passed Oct 2010 CA PE exam (+ Seismic and Surveying)

Just turned 27 a few days ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
4.5 years out of college, 29 years old.

8 years for me. Graduated in 2001, passed PE first time in Spring 2009. Not my choice. NYS has it out for future licensees, and wouldn't let me in when I originally applied in 2006. PA has it figured out and let me take it first application. I know of at least 9 other fellow graduates that had problems in NYS and ventured across the state border to take it. Anyone else have problems with NYS???

8 years for me. Graduated in 2001, passed PE first time in Spring 2009. Not my choice. NYS has it out for future licensees, and wouldn't let me in when I originally applied in 2006. PA has it figured out and let me take it first application. I know of at least 9 other fellow graduates that had problems in NYS and ventured across the state border to take it. Anyone else have problems with NYS???
Where is NYS

Are you talking about New York State? Why not just say NY

Back