How many years out of college were you when you got your PE??

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FE in April 2006 before graduating with BSCE in May 2006. MSCE in Aug 2010 and PE Oct 2011 so just over 5 years from undergrad. Was going to test at 2 years in Arizona but ended up going on a deployment instead and then grad school so it had to wait.

34 years. Graduated Dec 1977. Passed Oct '11. First try (thank goodness I don't have to take again)

BS Environmental 2005

FE in 2005

MS Environmental 2007

PE October 2011 and passed

I work in government and really don't need my PE, but did it more as a personal goal. Why waste that FE test??? :)

sc57 and Principal in Charge --you are impressive!

me: class of '88. out of school 24 yrs. FE passed 2009. PE failed 2010. Got it done Oct 2011.

passed FE in April '71 (graduated BSEE Aug '71) passed PE in Oct '11

don't remember much about FE (Texas) except used slide rule and morning test was multiple choice -- afternoon was not multiple choice (i.e. "essay" type solution)

didn't see anyone older than me in PE test except a couple of the proctors...

Ken

BSCE 1990, Philippine PE 1991, went to USA 2003, Passed US PE 2011 so 21 years out of school

Class of 1987

Passed FE October 2008...first attempt!

Passed PE Electrical/Electronics October 2011...first attempt!

passed FE in April '71 (graduated BSEE Aug '71) passed PE in Oct '11

don't remember much about FE (Texas) except used slide rule and morning test was multiple choice -- afternoon was not multiple choice (i.e. "essay" type solution)

didn't see anyone older than me in PE test except a couple of the proctors...

Ken

yeah Ken.....that's funny....when I arrived at the exam I got those same strange looks from the state NSPE chapter proctors...even funnier was trying to small talk to youngster engineers at lunch time after spending 28 years on the construction site.....LOL

31 years from undergraduate, 21 years from graduate, 1st time pass, Industrial

Bachelor - 2004

Master - 2006

FE - Oct 2010 (passed - First attempt)

PE - Oct 2011 (passed - First attempt)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back