How do you lose a 777?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some talking head giving vaugue "analyis" summaries with no actual data..
And this is different from the rest of the 24/7 news channels how?

I think that's the point, the people who lost their loved ones need closure not a constant stream of potentially devastating non-information

And why does the Prime Minister have to deliver this message? Isn't it really the airlines fault?

Sounds like they may actually be close to pinpointing the location of the crash. News this morning said there are reports of up to 110 pieces of debris.

and there were something like 300 pieces spotted yesterday...they all look like white cap waves to me when I look at the pics...good thing thats not my job.

Call off the search people, according to this website the plane was found circling LAX.

http://guff.com/malaysia-airlines-flight-370-found/gallery

;)
Blocked at work as a "suspicious site."
Here is the "story" then:

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 flight went missing on March 8, 2014. After a grueling three week search, the airplane was finally discovered today at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).
In a shocking turn of events, federal investigators discovered the plane had been at LAX since March 8, but unable to find a gate, aimlessly taxied the runway until today.

"LAX is a disorganized mess," Malaysia Airlines said in a statement. "We f**king hate that airport."

While many passengers were furious it took so long to find a gate, frequent business traveler Shirly Chan was not surprised.

"I've been to [LAX] before. This kind of stuff always happens. You land then you sit. It's to be expected."

Chan however felt that Malaysia Airlines could have done more to ease the burden on its passengers.

"The pilot could have turned off the fasten seat belt sign. I can't tell you how hard it is to hold it in for three weeks."

"I wish we landed at Burbank," Chan added. "That airport is so much easier."

Malaysia Airlines has not yet stated whether the passengers will be compensated for the inconvenience.

"Honestly that's the least of my concerns," said passenger Robert Choo. "It's been six hours and our luggage still hasn't made it to baggage claim."

apparently the US ping locator heard it too. they just have to triangulate where the noise was coming from

Am I the only person wondering why they only have one of these yellow submarines searching? If there are X of those things in the world then it seems like at least X/2 of them should be working on this search, not one of them.

I think it's owned by a private company but I don't know how many they have... They just keep saying the same company found the air France plane.....

So does Malaysia air pick up the bill for all this?

Back