Hate Waiting

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also I don't reccomend going to the website and doing the license lookup because that will drive you nuts. I've heard some people were checking that 3 times a day everyday starting around Dec. 1st.
I was checking the site 3 times every HOUR at the end. I was CRAZY! Amazingly, so was my husband and he actually saw first that I passed and called me. Then, I didn't trust him and I checked for myself.

What if dickhead co-workers come in every morning and remind you by asking if you have your results yet? :p

Don't mention to them that you took the exam this time. If you did then told them that you pass...don't even mention to them that you fail and you need to take again.....Just don't tell them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was checking the site 3 times every HOUR at the end. I was CRAZY! Amazingly, so was my husband and he actually saw first that I passed and called me. Then, I didn't trust him and I checked for myself.

Where do you check for this at?

The main reason I took the exam again this fall was that the holidays help you forget about it. I am still reading some at night but maybe 4-8 hours a week vs 20-30. I will not know until January so there is not sense worrying about it now. The engineers where I work know the PE is a bitch and give me credit for even going though it. There are some that do not even have a clue but who cares about them anyway.

Some states have a website where you can do a license lookup. If you enter a name, it will show if the person is licensed. When I entered my name after they updated the new names of people who had just passed, it showed my license.

Some states have a website where you can do a license lookup. If you enter a name, it will show if the person is licensed. When I entered my name after they updated the new names of people who had just passed, it showed my license.
Yep. The website for Kentucky is http://apps.kyboels.ky.gov/SearchableRoster.aspx. Although I know it will be mid-December before I find out, i'm still keeping an eye on this site.

"Some states have a website where you can do a license lookup. If you enter a name, it will show if the person is licensed. When I entered my name after they updated the new names of people who had just passed, it showed my license."

I am in Virgina and this is how we find out as well. The letter comes a few weeks latter.

I don't know if all the states have this. It can give you results earlier than mail. Some states also use e-mail.

Dec 16. That day will mark the beginning of the end of your waiting...and thats the bottom line 'cause I said so.
I remember getting my EIT letter on Dec 23rd (back in 2002). I will say some efficiencies have been enacted raising the notification date for Colorado to Dec 18.

Dec 16. That day will mark the beginning of the end of your waiting...and thats the bottom line 'cause I said so.
I remember getting my EIT letter on Dec 23rd (back in 2002). I will say some efficiencies have been enacted raising the notification date for Colorado to Dec 18.
Some states are using e-mail notification now and I think is great for the candidates and bad for the candidate's employers. On second thought, the waiting is bad for employers anyways.

Some states are using e-mail notification now and I think is great for the candidates and bad for the candidate's employers. On second thought, the waiting is bad for employers anyways.
Why would the waiting even be relavant to the employer, I know my employer could care less.

36 days gone by...entering into the 3-wk home stretch before results (hopefully) start trickling in! :mail-296: -- :juggle:

Last edited by a moderator:
We are getting closer. It'll be December in no time. And since December is a holiday month, it will go by really fast. Pretty soon, we'll get our letters in the mail when we least expect it.
Yeah, that's if you're state isn't a lackey (like mine - RI) that averages 80 days to send the results... Waiting for that letter a couple weeks into January will be a true test of patience.

The NCEES should be grading the exams in a couple weeks then a week to get them posted so they should be out the week of 12/21. In VA they should be out by 1/5.

Latest posts

Back