Good news...OK...Open the Results Flood Gates!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i believe they go through each question make sure its up to par, and decide what the passing score they want to be. meeting after meeting takes time. tho I agree it takes longer but who knows, if they took less time less people would pass. some PE board member is saying NO 49 should be passing NOT 50
They have to develop the exam a ways before it's given in order to have it printed in time. They *should* be able to sort out most of those issues before we even show up on exam day.

Obviously I don't have visability into their process, but I'd sure like to know why they can't release the results after, say 1-2 weeks. Especially for exams that haven't changed much since the last time.

Obviously I don't have visability into their process, but I'd sure like to know why they can't release the results after, say 1-2 weeks. Especially for exams that haven't changed much since the last time.
I heard that too. The problems are just reused with them changing the base values or units. You'd think they could score that real quickly!

i believe they go through each question make sure its up to par, and decide what the passing score they want to be. meeting after meeting takes time. tho I agree it takes longer but who knows, if they took less time less people would pass. some PE board member is saying NO 49 should be passing NOT 50
Don't leave this board just yet, folks. There are actual NCEES committee members who post regularly here (seriously). I won't call them out because I'm sure they don't want to get bombarded with PMs, but they'll sometimes drop clues just before results time.

Is it going to be a Merry Christmas or a Miserable Christmas? My PE results will dictate my mood for the holiday season.

...not as annoyed as I am waiting "8-10 weeks" for the f*$&ing score!
Gaussy, i completely agree...I can understand back in the day when they had to actually grade half of the exam by hand and assign a score/partial credit to the worked out problems, but now that the whole test is scanatron, what the F@ck takes so long?!?!
Again, welcome to "phase 5".

/>http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=18922&st=0&p=6948582entry6948582

...not as annoyed as I am waiting "8-10 weeks" for the f*$&ing score!
Gaussy, i completely agree...I can understand back in the day when they had to actually grade half of the exam by hand and assign a score/partial credit to the worked out problems, but now that the whole test is scanatron, what the F@ck takes so long?!?!
Again, welcome to "phase 5".

http://engineerboard...2
Beat me to it.

Back