GEORGIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could be wrong (being a repeat taker - this being my fourth time - obviously I am wrong alot!) but I think we will receive an email directly from the GA Board regarding our results. The previous 3-times, the SOS emailed the results to me with a letter and diagnostic report attached. I never received an email from NCEES stating that my results were available thorugh their web-site.

Also, the GA Board allows testers that serviced in the armored forces to "pass" the exam with a lower score than the passing score set by NCEES. If they still do this, then I doubt we could be notified through NCEES as I don't know if NCEES would recognize this allowance.

I could be wrong (being a repeat taker - this being my fourth time - obviously I am wrong alot!) but I think we will receive an email directly from the GA Board regarding our results. The previous 3-times, the SOS emailed the results to me with a letter and diagnostic report attached. I never received an email from NCEES stating that my results were available thorugh their web-site.
Also, the GA Board allows testers that serviced in the armored forces to "pass" the exam with a lower score than the passing score set by NCEES. If they still do this, then I doubt we could be notified through NCEES as I don't know if NCEES would recognize this allowance.

I hope you're right and we don't have to wait for an NCEES email.

Good luck to you, I hope you pass this time! We feel your pain; this makes my hubby's 5th attempt (4th in GA, 1x in AL).

Good luck to you, I hope you pass this time! We feel your pain; this makes my hubby's 5th attempt (4th in GA, 1x in AL).
Thanks Kathyj - I hope your husband is successful this time also. Happy New Year!

They are now on the list to be notified by NCEES. Previous years GA wasn't and would send the results themselves but this year they have stated we will be contacted by NCEES. As far as military, that is a good point since they add additional points to their scores. It may be possible that they update the roster first so I will be keeping my eyes open but expect the official results to come from NCEES.

They are now on the list to be notified by NCEES. Previous years GA wasn't and would send the results themselves but this year they have stated we will be contacted by NCEES. As far as military, that is a good point since they add additional points to their scores. It may be possible that they update the roster first so I will be keeping my eyes open but expect the official results to come from NCEES.

Y'all have a good point--I forgot that GA adds veterans preference for PE exams. Since the EITs had a quick turnaround and were notified by NCEES last week I got my hopes up that we'd find out PE results the day after they were released by NCEES. Back to deciding how to celebrate/sulk at the same time tonight! :shakehead:

It should be posted soon...this wait must be killing everyone that took the exam...

Wait, I forgot state offices are closed today....

Last edited by a moderator:
So, this wait is becoming excruciating -- on top of my dashed hopes of hearing something by Christmas, I come to work and face the same question multiple times throughout the day...."Have you heard anything on your test yet??" :smileyballs:

our yearly bonus is essentially a multiplier times our year ending salary. I will get an immediate bump in salary after getting PE. SOOO... because Georgia didn't attempt to get these results out it cost me probably $1,000. Every state in the south was able to turn these around... even florida who has probably twice the number of examinees.

By the way, SOS website is not updated because they're closed, but I happened to log into NCEES just to check...and there it was!

congrats to all passers. I'm off to look for more materials for my third go.

I failed chemical, 41/80. I ran out of time and didn't study the first go around. I'll know what to study now for the April exam at least.

Back