FLORIDA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My good friend took hers in FL. I had to beg her to look up her Elses account. So she did. It said her email was being processed. Then nothing happened. And now she won't check her email anymore. Cuckoo!!!!! CHECK THAT EMAIL, YOU CRAZY COLOMBIAN!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they send you the login information? I gave the exam in April, i never created account on ELSES website.
Only if your in a state where they email the results. I am not so lucky. I need to wait for the good old post office.

Do they send you the login information? I gave the exam in April, i never created account on ELSES website.

If you took the exam in Florida, you would have had to have created an account when you signed up to take the test with ELSES. That is the only way t register with them. This was the step after signing up with FBPE. Check back in your email account and see if you still have your registration emails. They sent you confirmation back then that you set up an account.

So, my crazy Colombian has checked her email. It has been 45 minutes since elses said they were processing the email and nothing. How long did it take y'all? her last name starts with H, if that matters...

So, my crazy Colombian has checked her email. It has been 45 minutes since elses said they were processing the email and nothing. How long did it take y'all? her last name starts with H, if that matters...
Mine was sent to me within a minute or two after I clicked the send me my results button.

If you took the exam in Florida, you would have had to have created an account when you signed up to take the test with ELSES. That is the only way t register with them. This was the step after signing up with FBPE. Check back in your email account and see if you still have your registration emails. They sent you confirmation back then that you set up an account.
My response took about 30 seconds, my coworkers took him about 15 minutes

Last year it took upwards of a few hours once the system had been pretty well overloaded. I ended up calling someone at ELSES and had them manually send the email again. That was the norm with a few of us.

I thought you got 4 shots at the exam before you have to reapply with the Board.And elses registration deadline is in September, no?
The rule in Florida is three attempts unless you were one of the old-timers that was given a fourth attempt.

I'm pretty sure Florida came out with an update since their reapplication deadline was listed as June 19. There was another post on here above where someone called and they said it would be extended. June 26 or something like that I believe.
FBPE will always provide a revised deadline to reapply once results have been mailed - typically it is about two weeks from the date of mailout from ELSES.

stinky stinky florida, man.
Hey!! I used to live in Florida ...

Besides .. roadwreck is a stinky, stinky GA man ... far worse IMHO. :D

Florida seems tough. I heard of a guy that didn't use a crimp seal one time on a set of drawings and the board fined him something like $500 per sheet for the whole document set.
Florida is VERY vigorous in enforcing rules for professional engineering, though, many of the cases against P.E.'s regard code violations and approximately 80% of those cases are reported by code inspectors/enforcers.

So, NCEES should be mailing results to the state boards today or tomorrow as I read that, right? I get notification directly from NCEES (PA), so should I expect to be receiving them sometime early to mid next week then?
This seems too optimistic of a timeframe, IMO. :waitwall:
The results are mailed directly from ELSES - if FBPE put out a date to be received, it should be pretty close to that date as they typically err on the side to be conservative. :)

A friend who took the exam with me who's first name starts with A and last name starts with B who hasn't received anything yet. If they do it alphabetically I am sure she will be the first to know.
It isn't done in alphabetical order or any other arrangement (e.g. testing site).

Good luck Flo Rida's !!! :D

JR

Still waiting. It has been over an hour since I logged into ELSES and processed the email notification. Could something be wrong? Or should this be expected?

Congratulation all new P.E's!

Could the passers tell the next testers what module you took in the afternoon portion of the exam. I just found out that I just pass the E.I too (4 years out of school) and am approved to take the P.E. this October, but I am not sure where/how to start studying. I currently work in drainage/stormwater design for subdivision and commercial siteplan developments.

If the fellow engineers/P.E.'s who just pass the exam shed some light on your experiences on your preparation, reference text books used/ taken into the exam etc, or any other information that you think helped you to passed the exam. I would appreciate any help on the subject as the though of an open book exam is scaring the scr*p out of me. I recently bought the CERM, NCEES Civil Engineering sample questions and solutions, Six minutes solutions for Civil P.E. Exam (Environmental and Water Resoureces)

Again congratulation on your success, ya'll...

Congratulation all new P.E's!
Could the passers tell the next testers what module you took in the afternoon portion of the exam. I just found out that I just pass the E.I too (4 years out of school) and am approved to take the P.E. this October, but I am not sure where/how to start studying. I currently work in drainage/stormwater design for subdivision and commercial siteplan developments.

If the fellow engineers/P.E.'s who just pass the exam shed some light on your experiences on your preparation, reference text books used/ taken into the exam etc, or any other information that you think helped you to passed the exam. I would appreciate any help on the subject as the though of an open book exam is scaring the scr*p out of me. I recently bought the CERM, NCEES Civil Engineering sample questions and solutions, Six minutes solutions for Civil P.E. Exam (Environmental and Water Resoureces)

Again congratulation on your success, ya'll...
Spyderman,

I just passed using the construction depth portion of the civil. I thought it was relatively heavy on the site estimating and economics, with a bit of scheduling and structural. The references that I brought in and used on the day were the CERM, an OSHA book, The Green Book, and the Civil Engineers handbook. I wish I would have brought in the recommended concrete design book as it would have come in handy in the afternoon. My best advice, though, is to become very familiar with the CERM as it is easily the best reference book for most of the questions. Also, I recommend using the 6 minute solutions books as they seem pretty well representative of the difficulty of problems that you will see on the test. I thought that the problems in the CERM companion practice problems book by PPI were way harder than anything you see on the exam and they just frustrate you when studying. I have a pretty much mint version of that book because I didn't finish even one problem in that book while studying. Good luck this fall!

:multiplespotting: PASS! PASS! PASS! Civil - Trans. Florida

I am going to party hard!! :bananadoggywow:

On a related topic...Does anyone recommend a good place/method to take the Florida building code course?

Thanks

On a related topic...Does anyone recommend a good place/method to take the Florida building code course?
If you are referring to the "core" course, you can take it online. Go to the following URL:

http://learningforlife.fsu.edu/cpd/courseS...cid=1&pid=3

If you are talking about other courses, or the advanced course, I would refer to the agency responsible for the building codes (Dept of Community Affairs), you can go to the following URL to search around for additional info:

http://floridabuilding.org

JR

Back