FE exam results October 2013

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks you guys!

I took the Mechanical Afternoon section. I was really worried about taking it again eventhough I felt okay about it but knew I was near the borderline of passing/failing. I thought the Morning section was a harder than the Afternoon section. Unlike my other two failed exams, my strategy this time was to stick to only doing problems in which I knew I could solve so in the morning I did 62 total and guessed on 58. I did feel confidents about the 62 but felt I could have gotten max 6 wrong. I did questions for Math, Chem, Eng Econ, Ethics, Materials, Statics, Fluid Dynamics, and thermo (but did not do all of course only the ones I knew). For the afternoon, I followed the same strategy and did 32 (felt really good about these problems) and guessed on 28. My strenghts here were all Fluid mechanics, Thermo, Heat transfer, Refrigeration and HVAC. I knew topics of the rest but for some reason they seemed a bit difficult to tackle. The above topics really saved me!

By the way, the following were my results for the other 2 exams in which I failed:

October 2012:

113/240-Failed.

I had no idea of what the EIT was really about and did not study much. I only did about 45 problems in the morning and 29 in the afternoon but knew many were wrong. Worst of it all was that I did them starting from number 1 and not by only doing the ones I knew.

April 2013:

108/240-Failed.

I studied good and was prepared BUT I was so ignorant again to follow the above strategy. Doing problems starting from one and not skipping when I didnt know one. I wanted to solve each one even if I didnt know it which we all know its the worst thing you want to do in this exam. I did feel confident about the morning one but again, the afternoon killed me because I didnt skip the hard problems and was trying to solve them. After I got to the sections in which I was very good at, it was too late since I had no more time.

In conclusion, haha, DO NOT try solving questions you are not too confident in solving or that you dont know. This time, I only did the ones I knew and even though I did not do many, I must have gotten all of the ones I did correct. There is not enough time in trying to figure out a problem so first tackle the ones you know. Put a dash if you know you can solve it but are stuck in it. Maybe after your done with the other ones, you can come back to solve it.

GREAT Christmas gift for sure! Thank you God!!! And good luck to all!

I just did a "live chat" with an NCEES representative. She indicated that the RI FE results will be released "mid to late december." :brickwall:

Congratulations, Jogfat! I'm in NY also and just found out that I passed!

I took the Environmental afternoon exam. I thought the test as a whole was pretty challenging, but I've been out of college for about a decade so that could be why, lol!

Good luck to the rest of the folks still waiting on your results!

Congrats Ramone!

Yes, I though the test as a whole was pretty challenging too and I have been out of school for two years now so I cant imagine being in your situation! You really did it and again, congrats!! Good luck to all!

I am hoping for the best. Ive been out of school for 6 years. I thought the exam was chellenging, but I think I did do better than the first time I took it in 2007. Hope I passed my 2nd time

The Texas boards have released there results and I passed. This was my second time taking it (took it in April of this year). Good Luck to those still waiting on their results

Matt. I just did the live chat as well. She told me that the state already has the results, NCEES is just waiting for the state to give them permission to post.

I just got my results in Texas...Are other states releasing actual scores if you pass? On the NCEES website it'll state just pass or fail (with fail showing an actual diagnostic). But on the link for "Next Steps" It took me to the Texas Board of PE Site and showed my percentage. Just wondering if they are doing this in other states as well....From some of my other buddies in Texas, it seems like this is the first time they are doing this....

Back