Expecting

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no eviction notices needed yet. I can still bend over and tie my own shoes, see my feet etc... No one believes me when I say I'm due in 2 wks...apparently I'm not big enough. Although the Dr's guess is the baby will be about 8-8.5 lbs when born.

Last edited by a moderator:
I plum forgot about this thread. The wifey-wife is 27 weeks along now. Baby slacker is busy doing its exercise routines in the early morning and late afternoons. She thinks it has turned into a cat as it feels like it's trying to claw out of the wet, warm prison. It'll bother her every so often, so I suggest that she just drink a beer. Hell, it works for me.

Congrats Slacker! Is this your first? Judging by your use of it, I'm guessing you are not finding out what you're having until the birth?

no eviction notices needed yet. I can still bend over and tie my own shoes, see my feet etc... No one believes me when I say I'm due in 2 wks...apparently I'm not big enough. Although the Dr's guess is the baby will be about 8-8.5 lbs when born.
I was 8.5 lbs at birth. Between that and my huge feet growing up, everyone thought I'd be a big boy. I ended up 5'9" and 170 lbs soaking wet, with feet too big for the rest of me they don't work right.

Good luck the next couple weeks. I'm sure you already made sure they have wi-fi in the maternity ward so we can have up to the minute updates.

Congrats Slacker! Is this your first? Judging by your use of it, I'm guessing you are not finding out what you're having until the birth?
Negative. The mystery continues! The w-w wants to know for the sake of colors, clothes, room decor, blah blah blah... I want the "Congratulations! It's a .....!" surprise for baby #1. I won this round. Next round, I have a feeling she will.

Negative. The mystery continues! The w-w wants to know for the sake of colors, clothes, room decor, blah blah blah... I want the "Congratulations! It's a .....!" surprise for baby #1. I won this round. Next round, I have a feeling she will.
I have liked not knowing, I agree with you, the fun of congrats its a .....! FYI, Primary colors look great in a gender neutral room! We didn't get a whole lot of clothes at the showers because we didn't know, which I say is a good thing cuz if it is a girl you can really only have so many pink frilly outfits. I think people tend to buy clothes instead of the other items you need if the gender is known.

We found out what we were having, but I've had several friends that didn't find out. We figured we would be surprised whether it was via ultrasound or delivery. I think it's cool to wait, but I know Mrs. Ble wouldn't be able to do it.

Nesting mode has been redlining for weeks now. We have a house that was built in either the 20's or 30's and what will be the baby's room was needing a makeover. Over the past week or so I've been patching, scabbing, painting, and texturing everything. The ceilings are covered with OLD wallpaper of some sort (the whole house is this way) and I had to be careful not to pull it off with new paint. The ceiling is ultra white, the walls are white duck, curtains are full length silver sage, and the rods are dark-stained wood. We moved my old stained-wood bed here from my parents' house (which was my dad's bed as a kid) and an old dresser my granddad made sometime in the 1940's. All I have to do now is finish the baseboard / moulding and assemble the crib.

After that, I'm sure there will be more jobs to do. :unsure:

I had forgotten about this thread also. We recently found out our daughter is expecting about the middle of February (no she didn't know until early September). So I'm going to be a grandfather.

And, since her hubby is scheduled for deployment starting in January, she'll be moving back in with us until he returns. Should be quite a half year with a new baby in the house. I never even considered that I would have to baby-proof this house.

^^^ Only need to baby proof the house once the kid becomes mobile. If they're there for 6 months, I wouldn't worry about it. Over 9 months though, nail EVERYTHING down.

I never even considered that I would have to baby-proof this house.
I know what you mean. We're going to be grandparents again the end of December or first part of January. Our first grandson is 17 months old and into anything and everything and says "no" while he's doing it. I wouldn't trade him for anything.

woohoo I get a second ultrasound...dr wants to check size and fluid levels.
My wife ended up having 4 ultrasounds during her pregnancy. In one of them, the technician was really nice and let her see it in 3d. It sucks cause I wasn't there, but we got some pics that were pretty amazing!

I know what you mean. We're going to be grandparents again the end of December or first part of January. Our first grandson is 17 months old and into anything and everything and says "no" while he's doing it. I wouldn't trade him for anything.
Congratulations.

I'm looking forward to it and at the same time I'm anxious. I've never had any real interaction with a baby, so I don't know how I'm going to react. I guess nature takes over and it will be fine.

In the meantime, everyone is asking me what I'm going to be called. Grandpa, papa, pop...

I don't know.

woohoo I get a second ultrasound...dr wants to check size and fluid levels.
I had one of those done on my liver/gall bladder about a year ago. Man did that gross me out. I was in a frigid room while this nurse libed up my tummy and slid this paddle around. She pushed really hard when she wanted to take an image. My abdomen was so sore the next day every place she pushed on.

Congratulations.
I'm looking forward to it and at the same time I'm anxious. I've never had any real interaction with a baby, so I don't know how I'm going to react. I guess nature takes over and it will be fine.

In the meantime, everyone is asking me what I'm going to be called. Grandpa, papa, pop...

I don't know.
My daughter calls my FIL 'Dadoo'.

My dad gets called "Pom" because for a while my kid couldn't say Grandpa and it sounded like Pom Pom. Pom stuck and it actually turned out great. My in-laws are grandma and grandpa and my parents are Noni and Pom. No confusion for anyone.

Back