Expecting

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there was never any confusion when I was growing up as I only had a grandma and a great-grandma from one side and a grandpa from the other.

So far neither set of grandparents have requested alternative names, might end up grandpa/ma S and grandpa/ma W.

My dad gets called "Pom" because for a while my kid couldn't say Grandpa and it sounded like Pom Pom. Pom stuck and it actually turned out great. My in-laws are grandma and grandpa and my parents are Noni and Pom. No confusion for anyone.
No confusion... unless you meet this guy:

220px-pompom.PNG

My mom claimed 'Grammy' and my wife's parents got Grandma and Grandpa.

Growing up, I called my grandparents 'Grandmom and Grandpop' and 'Nana and Pop-Pop'.

Last edited by a moderator:
My mom basically force-fed "Mimi" on to her grandchildren. It was incredibly annoying to her her say it over and over again to ingrain it in the kids. It was funny though...they learned everybody else's name first, and I think they did it out of spite for he being so obnoxious about them saying her name. They call my dad "Papa".

My grandma on my dad's side is a very superficial person, and she wouldn't let us call her grandma...she insisted upon "Mom". It gets really confusing at family gatherings when I have my mom, and "Mom" there. We call my grandpa on that side "Pa". We always called my grandma on my mom's side "Meemaw", and the grandpa was just grandpa.

Last edited by a moderator:
My parents are "mawmaw" and "pawpaw" for my little boy and my wife's parents are "mamamita" and "papa". I only had one set of grandparents when I was growing up and it was always mawmaw and pawpaw.

Congrats snick!!

:multiplespotting: :multiplespotting:

Congrats to the whole Snick family. He's a beauty! Hope you and the baby survived well and get to go home soon.

Congratulations!

As a side note to what VT suggested, reading the MERM put me to sleep a few times. Maybe it'll help with the little Snicker.

Back