Exam Approval

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about 290cfs with a base of 32ft.
Nope. Back down the CFS a little my friend. And what do you mean by 'base'?
By base I mean width. If there is no 3 foot section, I assumed that the 1:1 slope on the top continues down the 4' shown and over 4' (1:1). That's how I figured a width of 6+4+12+4+6=32'

Edit:

This would ba a standard trapezoid with:

b=32

d=6

z=1

then:

A=228 ft^2

R=4.66

and finally:

Q=290 cfs.

Last edited by a moderator:
By base I mean width. If there is no 3 foot section, I assumed that the 1:1 slope on the top continues down the 4' shown and over 4' (1:1). That's how I figured a width of 6+4+12+4+6=32'
No, the 3' section is still there. I just meant to disregard the part of the problem's question that said to solve for the Q at d=3' first, and then at d=6'. I just meant to only solve for the Q at d=6'. Does that make sense?

I see. The nasal decongestant is kicking in, I redo in the am.

Edit:

This would ba a standard trapezoid with:

b=32

d=6

z=1

then:

A=228 ft^2

R=4.66

and finally:

Q=290 cfs.
lol. You're making up your own problem! Don't do that on the exam! No, the whole point was to give you the twist of a levee. I suggested to forget the d=3' portion of the problem because it was only a trapezoid. You'll get it....

It took me about 4-5 minutes to get it wrong and a bunch more time to figure out where I f'ed up and to fix it.

If I wasn't working though EET problems I would welcome more. If you start creating threads with questions again, I'll participate if I finished EET's weekly problems early. I'm sure there are others that want to be harassed and publicly shamed by NJ.
Pretty sure that's Mike's sole purpose around here.
No. Just Matt.

lol. You're making up your own problem! Don't do that on the exam! No, the whole point was to give you the twist of a levee. I suggested to forget the d=3' portion of the problem because it was only a trapezoid. You'll get it....

Are you suggesting that I shouldn't over think the problems?

be401e54ddf277c233dca8ed5de9da5e.jpg

How'd you get a hold of Matt's scantron? I thought there were mounds of security on this.

I already solved it. I'm just not giving the answer.

Back