Exam Approval

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with p-head's answer, and per the thymes shown at the top, solved in 3 mins. step it up matty

mmmmm.... almost kinda. But I want more decimal places. Give me a few more digits m2. (use the formula, not the chart)
I actually got .0011 and used n=.014 (PPI water depth manual for "unfinished concrete")
It's probably the 'n'. The source I am using uses an n = 0.017 and gets an answer of S = 0.00169
It is the difference. Using n of 0.017 I get 0.00169.
Hopefully the answer spread is big enough to compensate for a difference in n. Or, they give you n.

Last edited by a moderator:
mmmmm.... almost kinda. But I want more decimal places. Give me a few more digits m2. (use the formula, not the chart)
I actually got .0011 and used n=.014 (PPI water depth manual for "unfinished concrete")
It's probably the 'n'. The source I am using uses an n = 0.017 and gets an answer of S = 0.00169
It is the difference. Using n of 0.017 I get 0.00169.
Hopefully the answer spread is big enough to compensate for a difference in n. Or, they give you n.
Good job.

So, what was your total time and are you ready for more? :)

It took me about 4-5 minutes to get it wrong and a bunch more time to figure out where I f'ed up and to fix it.

If I wasn't working though EET problems I would welcome more. If you start creating threads with questions again, I'll participate if I finished EET's weekly problems early. I'm sure there are others that want to be harassed and publicly shamed by NJ.

It took me about 4-5 minutes to get it wrong and a bunch more time to figure out where I f'ed up and to fix it.

If I wasn't working though EET problems I would welcome more. If you start creating threads with questions again, I'll participate if I finished EET's weekly problems early. I'm sure there are others that want to be harassed and publicly shamed by NJ.

Pretty sure that's Mike's sole purpose around here.

Ok. One more and then I'll let you off the hook for a (little) while. ;) Please solve this levee open channel problem. Ignore the 3', and just go for the 6'. :)

Shoot for 6 mins or under, but no more than 8.

Levee.JPG

Give me a few more minutes and I might give you another answer.

Latest posts

Back