Exam Approval

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's $250 for the exam and $100 administrative. That's on top of the $150 I paid for the board.

Alright matt, it's time to get tough and bust your balls a little....

How many (quality) study hours have you put in so far? What references are you/will you be using to study? What is your study schedule from now until Oct?

You're depth is Water, did you say?

Challenge accepted:

I have not counted my hours. But I study a bit in the morning before work, a bit during lunch, and a bit more after work. I also spend most of the weekend studying.

I've worked all the problems from PPI's water resources depth review manual (twice), I have worked 6 minute solutions, School of PE problems (twice), some of the CERM practice problems, and NCEES's old practice exam. I'm currently taking the EET review course and I'm working the new NCEES practice exam one topic at a time along with EET.

I have SoPE binders, EET binders (these will be my primary), I have the CERM, PPI water depth manual, Metcalf and Eddy, and few other college books.

My main reference with be EET. If I can't find it there I skip and come back to it then I go with SoPE. If it's not there I try one of the other books hoping to get lucky.

Give Matt mod privileges to screw with his study schedule...then ban him during the time between the exam and results :D

Matt counts every second spent on EB as study time. Don't pop his bubble Mike. He's gonna score 80 and kill the curve for all the other test takers cuz he's that kinda guy...

Considering all the state screwups and issues you had with approval I really think you should just camp out overnight at the door of the test location. With your luck Murphy's law will be in full effect :/

Who pulled out the ban hammer on matt?

Whoever it was...I'm sure it was with Matt's best interests at heart...for his own good and all that.

3e64c3400e63976bcb317c62ca33ea4c.jpg

I found Matt's study guide!

Challenge accepted:
I have not counted my hours. But I study a bit in the morning before work, a bit during lunch, and a bit more after work. I also spend most of the weekend studying.

I've worked all the problems from PPI's water resources depth review manual (twice), I have worked 6 minute solutions, School of PE problems (twice), some of the CERM practice problems, and NCEES's old practice exam. I'm currently taking the EET review course and I'm working the new NCEES practice exam one topic at a time along with EET.

I have SoPE binders, EET binders (these will be my primary), I have the CERM, PPI water depth manual, Metcalf and Eddy, and few other college books.

My main reference with be EET. If I can't find it there I skip and come back to it then I go with SoPE. If it's not there I try one of the other books hoping to get lucky.
Very nice. I am impressed. Ok, can I let go of your balls now? ;o)

Here is a pop quiz. Time yourself and please report your time. Shoot for less than 4 mins.

Q50.JPG

Back