Encourage someone studying for October

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's why you need the occasional "study break". Sometimes my mind would wander toward lusty thoughts while studying. That was one thing the mrs. was definitely glad to help me with to prepare for my exam. :bad:

I naturally repaid the favor when she was working on a journal article or grant and felt similarly distracted. :woot:

I found if I got some right after work I was usually pretty level headed for studying in the evening.

but does she speak? my wife is attractive enough, but when she speaks for more than a few seconds, I think about :suicide:

This past weekend I had planned to get rid of the kids all day Sunday, my inlaws were travelling to Alabama and wanted to stop by the Road Guy Hotel Saturday Night, I knew they wouldnt leave until lunch Sunday so I had to give them a "no-go" on staying there overnight.

& I am sure they think that I have some sort of problem...

If I had my basement finished and I could get away and study it wouldnt be bad, but when they found out the kids(their grandkids) wouldnt be home Saturday Night or Sunday they found better things to do anwyay.

The wife had to work all day Sunday, so I got a good day in yesterday, might even watch a little Monday Night Football tonight... :BK:

Don't start me on that. We have a real substandard toilet in our office. You have to hold the lever until it all goes down.

We have a real dunce of a drafter who can't remember his own name, much less something as complicated as that.

Nothing like walking in on Monday morning and finding a 3 day old batch stewing in there. :angry:

I'm gonna make that ******* eat it sometime.

<<<<<< 30 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put your nose to the grindstone.

You can do it.

You're number 1.

Winners never quit and quitters never win.

You can see the light at the end of the tunnel, keep truckin.

Never give up.

Try harder.

etc., etc.

You know what I mean - Keep it up! :study

Less then 10 days left! :eek:

Hope you've all taken your practice exams and got your motel room, admission ticket, etc. lined up.

Now is a good point in your review to question which afternoon session you are going to take. Sure, you've been studying power for 4 months, but the grass looks a little greener in the electronics section... :p

In fact, it's probably a good idea to expand your second guessing beyond the exam, and just go home and rethink your life. :true:

****, only nine days left, I'd better start studying. :whatever:

Maybe I'll just wait until the weekend to start. :ass:

Same here. It will be a good feeling when it's over. The results anticipation takes a little while to kick in, then once it does, it sucks again.

Same here. It will be a good feeling when it's over. The results anticipation takes a little while to kick in, then once it does, it sucks again.
Hopefully Christmas and the other holidays will keep my mind off of it. Best of luck to everyone!

I went 4 hrs on Sunday, 2hrs on Monday, 2 hrs on Tues, none Wednesday, 1 hr Thursday, and plan on taking all of tomorrow and Sunday,(as much as I can).

I had about 20 hours going into last week, so I am now at a whopping 29 or so before tomorrow.

I will get 40 more hours in from right now until the test. At least.

That would put me at about 70-75 hrs total. My retention is bad, so I can't study for weeks and weeks like some. I have to cram at the end.

Around 300, since July. God I hope I pass. I know I studied as much as I possible could handle. Now, I'll just review where things are at in my books. I could of taken this a long time ago. The pain of waiting to take is almost over.

^ I kept a log of when I studied, for how long, and what I worked on. Ended up with 290 hours of prep.

Felt exactly like you did, but when that test started and I knew what I was doing, man that was a good feeling. Right then I knew all the work was worth it.

Back