Encourage someone studying for October

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where are you taking it at in FL ?? Hotel room rates will vary depending on where you are will be taking it at. :)
JR

I will be in Orlando starting Wednesday night. I have one night free (thanks to Hilton Honors) and my company will pick up another night - which means my "vacation" will only cost me two nights. I made sure to book something close to the exam site so that I won't have to fight traffic too badly to get there :)

^^^ I was going to say Orlando hotels should be cheap but I keep forgetting the upswing in activity due to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal this time of year. I have been meaning to go for quite a few years and just never seem to have the time.

I live in Tallahassee, so I didn't have to worry about hotel arrangements :) For some reason, hotel stays here always seem higher than elsewhere. And then if you are in Miami .... fuhgetaboutit. It is wicked expensive to stay down there. I will be staying in Miami for a week on business two weeks from now. I am glad my employer is picking up the tab :D

Good luck on the exam!

JR

Man, I've gotten to the point where it feels like stuff is running OUT of my head. I went ahead and took the whole day off Thursday (I was planning on a half day) to chill. I didn't think I'd need to, but I think I do.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive taken the exam a couple of times already . . . . . i ALWAYS say "I AM GOING TO STUDY HARD" for the next exam . . . . and as always its here before i know it . . . . . .

now its 3 days until the exam and i havent studied more than maybe 20 hours if that.

kids, job, daily life, Scouts, the farm. . . . something ALWAYS seems to be going on . . . and its SOO HARD to to it in the evenings . . usually have just enough gas at night to pull on my jammies just before i pass out!

wish me luck! . . . . . . one more time!!

I was going through the checklist of "things to take along" that's in the front of the CERM. One of the lists has "piece of rope" on it, but doesn't say why I might need that rope or how long it should be. The only uses I could come up with are the following:

1. Tie crates to handcart (but I'm gonna use bungee cords)
  2. Tie garbage bags onto crates to protect from rain (my garbage bags have built-in ties)
  3. Strangle table-mate who noisily chews gum or otherwise pisses you off
It also lists scissors and tape?

3. Strangle table-mate who noisily chews gum or otherwise pisses you offIt also lists scissors and tape?
I was reading through that this morning as well (just to make sure I didn't forget anything) and I, too, was baffled by the scissors and tape items. I can only think they would compliment #3 as things you could do to your table mate (tape their mouth shut or stab them in the hand if they get out of control with the eraser).

well, it looks like you guys are getting well prepared for the exam, and one of the best things you can do for yourself is try to be relaxed when you sit down for the test. I did not see one person pull out a newspaper to read before the exam as Lindeborg suggests, but I was relaxed going in, or certainly after reading thru a few problems.

I had to come up with an engineering solution that was not on the test, but was critical to my success I feel. This may be more appropriate for a Fudgey thread, but here it goes:

There was a person sitting in front of me with the most foul odor eminating from... well I'll spare the details on that.

The odor was pervasive and distracting, and I might have started to get nauseous except for my improvised solution. I took two tic tacks and held them between my index and middle finger of my left hand, nostril width spacing. I then held my fist under my nose and enjoyed the added benefit of minty smelling salts for mental clarity as well as masking the emissions of the offender.

I did not notice anyone else passing out form the odor, but my nose was approximatly three feet from the source, and I had little dispersive relief.

Good luck guys, have a turkey dinner the night before to help you sleep!

Wow, never would have thought of breath mints as the key to passing the exam... but as I tend to be especially bothered by foul body odor, I think they're gonna be added to my "just in case" box! Thanks cement!

Back