EES states

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you ever wondered about why your computer keyboard is laid out the way it is? Way back in the old days (when I was just a lad), we had manual typewriters that had arms with each letter that moved and struck a ribbon in front of a paper and marked the letter on the paper. Early keyboards were laid out to maximize the speed of the typist; however, these "arms" were moving so fast they would jam against each other. So they moved the letters around so they wouldn't jam, but it slowed down the typists. That was the origin of the qwerty keyboard we have today. But with the advent of electric typewriters and computers and printers, the reason for having the qwerty keyboard doesn't exist anymore. I believe there are new keyboards available with a faster, more ergonomic layout of the keys,
You may want to read this Qwerty vs Dvorkian Layout Anyone can be trained to perform just as fast on either layout.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got off the phone with EES. THey informed me that they are mailing out all states first class mail. He wouldn't tell me if they have all been mailed already, but said we should be getting them really soon.

Like many of you, I have several key decisions based on these results. The stress of the decisions themselves are enough, knowing that other states have had their results for a week is driving me straight crazy. I call EES twice daily and email regularly. They might not act quickly, but at the very least they are hearing my frustration.

Diogo, did he indicate that all states would mail out TODAY, or give any indication of WHEN they would be mailed 1st class?

He first said they would be all mailed out today, but then changed it to being mailed out soon....

Aha, he fell back to the party line! In my opinion, these should have been mailed mid-week at the lastest.

will be mailed today

Tara D. Elkins

Examination Coordinator

- - - - - - - - - -

Engineering Examination Services

150 Fourth Avenue, North, Suite 700

Nashville, TN 37219

- - - - - - - - - -

Phone: 877-364-3926

Fax: 615-846-0153

Email: [email protected]

www.pcshq.com

Notice: This email message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee. If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone (877-364-3926), and delete this message and all copies and backups thereof. Thank you..

Damn, do you mind replying and asking about PA -- I call her regularly, so I fear she may just mess with me.

Thanks, but I should have said bother her regularly. I call and email -- so she has my name and email address. I fear she'll be less responsive with me, as I've been kind of a reality check for her and EES throughout this process. I'm that voice in her/EES's head reminding them they need to do their job efficiently becausse people are counting on them.

Thanks, but I should have said bother her regularly. I call and email -- so she has my name and email address. I fear she'll be less responsive with me, as I've been kind of a reality check for her and EES throughout this process. I'm that voice in her/EES's head reminding them they need to do their job efficiently becausse people are counting on them.
You're like the pointy-haried boss holding all-day meetings to make sure everyone is being productive...

You repeatedly call and e-mail her, distracting her from processing the results, to make sure she processes the results as fast as possible.

Exactly - I would hope they have a "staff" to the acutal production work. I'm simply letting the "coordinator" know I'm watching.

no, and I don't know when.

Tara D. Elkins

Examination Coordinator

- - - - - - - - - -

Engineering Examination Services

150 Fourth Avenue, North, Suite 700

Nashville, TN 37219

- - - - - - - - - -

Phone: 877-364-3926

Fax: 615-846-0153

Email: [email protected]

www.pcshq.com
Here's a pretty rude reply I got when I asked her a tentative date for the PA results to be mailed.

Last edited by a moderator:
How could the PA Coordinator not know when resutls are being mailed out. She should be all over this -- I mean it is kind of her job, isn't it? To be rude about it makes it even worse - its not our fault you are incompetent!

I think they are just getting pissed off that everyone is contacting them...but at the end of the day, we need to know as the deadline for applying for the PE exam is coming up.

I think they are just getting pissed off that everyone is contacting them...but at the end of the day, we need to know as the deadline for applying for the PE exam is coming up.
The deadline to reapply for the PE in PA is September 1st, so there is plenty of time.

Back