EES states

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does your pay rate jump?
Not automatically but it will be considered in your favor in the annual raise. They may withhold promotion if you don’t have a license. If you hold a PE it is more difficult to find a good excuse to deny a promotion and/ or a raise.

Is there any truth to what Egr2249 is saying about EES? Has anyone spoken to Tara lately? If this is the case, hopefully us PA residents are getting our due priority as the Keystone State!

Just IN!!

No next week

Tara D. Elkins

Examination Coordinator

- - - - - - - - - -

Engineering Examination Services

150 Fourth Avenue, North, Suite 700

Nashville, TN 37219

- - - - - - - - - -

Phone: 877-364-3926

Fax: 615-846-0153

Email: [email protected]

www.pcshq.com

Notice: This email message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee. If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone (877-364-3926), and delete this message and all copies and backups thereof. Thank you..

06/25/2009 11:17 AM

To <[email protected]>

cc

Subject RE: PE Exam Results

Have the Connecticut PE results been mailed to the examinees yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
What's really messed up is that several state boards have received the results from NCEES and already snail mailed the results to their candidates. How is that a state entity can do this faster than EES? Now Tara and her rude cryptic responses have me fired up!

I agree fully, how does an entity like a bureaucratic state government process results faster than a company whose sole purpose is to do the same. I realize Tara probably answers a few emails a day regarding the results, but come on, don't they have people to sort and forward the results, or is it a one person operation?

I plan to follow up on this issue with out state board, pass or fail. We can't just sit back and let this happen year after year because no one speaks up. I'm sure ELSES is competitvely priced and ready to fill the void. I can see delay with a state entity - ala DMV, but come on, a private enterprise should be much better than this. How does EES still have a contract with so many states?!?

I plan to follow up on this issue with out state board, pass or fail. We can't just sit back and let this happen year after year because no one speaks up. I'm sure ELSES is competitvely priced and ready to fill the void. I can see delay with a state entity - ala DMV, but come on, a private enterprise should be much better than this. How does EES still have a contract with so many states?!?
The only reason for so many states being with EES could be money and the duration of contract. If a state has 5-10 years of contract with EES they can not switch in the middle without paying hefty fines. Also remember NCEES have not provided with results of all states at same time. They have infact been giving them one after the other while some of the states are still waiting for results....

How do you know NCEES released different states on different days? I was of the assumption EES mailed the results all at the same time. ELSES has a leg up because they are more of an "interoffice" transfer. I think the states that are saying they haven't received the results from NCEES are just saying that.

Really? You're sure ELSES is competetively priced? How so? How much does each organization charge, and what are the terms of their contracts? Would you feel better if we were an ELSES state, but still hadn't received our results yet like multiple others they handle? Would that make you happy?

I mean, really... I'm pretty sure it is PA's policy that results be distributed via mail rather than e-mail anyway, so we still wouldn't be among the first wave of people informed...

How do you know NCEES released different states on different days? I was of the assumption EES mailed the results all at the same time. ELSES has a leg up because they are more of an "interoffice" transfer. I think the states that are saying they haven't received the results from NCEES are just saying that.
Just look at the states that are distributed by ELSES - there are still members from several states that are distributed by ELSES according to this listing (http://www.els-examreg.org/) that haven't received results yet.

I agree fully, how does an entity like a bureaucratic state government process results faster than a company whose sole purpose is to do the same. I realize Tara probably answers a few emails a day regarding the results, but come on, don't they have people to sort and forward the results, or is it a one person operation?
State government has 1 state's worth of candidates to handle. EES has multiple states' worth of candidates to handle, plus they probably have additional documentation requirements to follow both their internal procedures, as well as providing sufficient documentation for each state (which likely follows different requirements for each state)...

State government has 1 state's worth of candidates to handle. EES has multiple states' worth of candidates to handle, plus they probably have additional documentation requirements to follow both their internal procedures, as well as providing sufficient documentation for each state (which likely follows different requirements for each state)...
And to top it off remember that results come out only two times a year and so I am pretty sure they have to hire either independent contractors or work with skeleton crew.... There are only 15-30 busy days per exam...

Just look at the states that are distributed by ELSES - there are still members from several states that are distributed by ELSES according to this listing (http://www.els-examreg.org/) that haven't received results yet.
True, but we have no way of knowing if these states are sitting on the results at this point. Many of them don't allow ELSES to process the results, so their state employees are performing that function.

True, but we have no way of knowing if these states are sitting on the results at this point. Many of them don't allow ELSES to process the results, so their state employees are performing that function.
vucat, I understand your anxiety... Beleive me I have not got results also.... But why would state department sit on your results.... What would they get out of it... They also want this thing over as soon as possible so that people stop calling them...

The problem with that statement is that is assumes the states have people dedicated to the task like EES should. Who in the state govn't handles the results when they come in, what are their other responsibilities? What if each state only has 1 person and EES has 2 for each state which, considering they have very few states to deal with, they should have at a minimum.

I'd imagine with a small staff it would take some time to process and mail out the results. Why admit you have them already? Easier to say we're waiting on results.

The problem with that statement is that is assumes the states have people dedicated to the task like EES should. Who in the state govn't handles the results when they come in, what are their other responsibilities? What if each state only has 1 person and EES has 2 for each state which, considering they have very few states to deal with, they should have at a minimum.
But, you also have to account for the fact that a small state won't have nearly as many applicants as a heavily populated state, so while, say Maryland might have only 1 person and EES has 2 people per state, MD might still be able to get through their own more quickly because they have a higher analyst per examinee ration than EES overall..

Wow, all this for a couple of days!

I say leave poor Tara alone, she is just doing her job.

Also remember that the deadline for fall applications is July 1st so she is also dealing with new applications that have a deadline, the results do not have a deadline. Everyone in PA still has to wait for the board to issue license numbers, which from past posts appears to be another 10 to 12 weeks.

:poop:

Back