EES states

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its 2009, I'm pretty sure they have printers that reconcile, stuff, and mail!

EES confirmed they've received the results from EES and started mailing them yesterday!

This is torture.

I’m moving tomorrow to a different state and I don’t want to notify the mail of my address change until I’ll get the result. I’ll just keep going and checking the mail in my old address until I’ll get the results.

Wow, that does suck. Unfortunately we EES state residents will have to just simply walk to the mail box with our fingers crossed -- in 2009 no less! I did notice ELSES has a posting on their website updating ELSES candidates letting them know the results were emailed/mailed and to contact them if they don't receive the mailed results by June 30. It would be nice to receive a similar degree of respect from EES.

I wonder what it would take to influence the states that currently use EES/PCS to switch to the quicker ELSES email standard. I guess most people who pass cease to care and therefore the complaints lose steam.

I wonder what it would take to influence the states that currently use EES/PCS to switch to the quicker ELSES email standard. I guess most people who pass cease to care and therefore the complaints lose steam.
It would take a lot of emails from candidates and also it depends on the contract terms with EES...... I would beleive... Also pricing could be another problem although I do not think anyone of us would have problems to shed some money to get results quicker....

It's the additional process/mailing time that really adds up. I'd agree, I'm sure we'll forget all about this agony as soon as we receive our results and our states will go back to status quo. I'm sure that's how EES/PCS is still in business. Does anyone know how to pressure our states - is it a state board decision?

Well, I assume that what it would take would probably be more $$$. I assume EES is less costly than ELSES for distribution of results, and/or EES provides additional services which ELSES does not offer. If it is only a matter of the $$$ and the services offered would be the same (maintenance of records, license number assignment, whatever else isn't handled directly by the board), then the additional cost would be passed on to the applicants/engineers as part of the exam scheduling/registration fee and/or the annual license fee...

So the question becomes, at what point would the cost increase for licensure become sufficient for the PEs to begin to balk about it?

It's the additional process/mailing time that really adds up. I'd agree, I'm sure we'll forget all about this agony as soon as we receive our results and our states will go back to status quo. I'm sure that's how EES/PCS is still in business. Does anyone know how to pressure our states - is it a state board decision?
I would assume it is board descision unless told otherwise... But it depends on lot of other factors... cost of contract, length of contract and whether the contracting agency will work according to the state law at minimum cost to the state.

I have already emailed the board members in Maryland and received a response that they will discuss about providing contract in near future (MD does not have contract with anyone currently).

While EES is a painfully slow moving organization (10 days to "process" results), our states could help out by authorizng EES to post the results online instead of snail mail. That being said, I would still prefer our states join the 21st century and jump on the ELSES bandwagon. EES is a dinosaur.

While EES is a painfully slow moving organization (10 days to "process" results), our states could help out by authorizng EES to post the results online instead of snail mail. That being said, I would still prefer our states join the 21st century and jump on the ELSES bandwagon. EES is a dinosaur.
Now some states require that results should be sent via mail rather than email. There could be several reasons for that but mostly they do not want to change anything that is in place.

I called EES via 1-877-364-3926 to clarify procedures, considering I'm being bashed in this forum. Tara explained to me she cannot release scores over the phone due to state law (she made an inital mistake releasing mine). She mentioned that they are overloaded with results and prioritizing the states based on interest. They are updating their system to be competitive, but that won't help things this year. She sounded very frustrated. I'd encourage calls/emails from your state to ensure it receives the appropriate attention.

I would assume it is board descision unless told otherwise... But it depends on lot of other factors... cost of contract, length of contract and whether the contracting agency will work according to the state law at minimum cost to the state.
I have already emailed the board members in Maryland and received a response that they will discuss about providing contract in near future (MD does not have contract with anyone currently).
Exactly the point I was trying to make in my post just above yours... I wonder how much the tune of people would change if getting their results 2 weeks earlies meant an addition $100 to take the test? $200? $50 added onto annual license fee?

I don't know exactly what all services the EES provides PA, or what services ELSES provides, but I'm pretty sure the contracts and $$$ involved play a big part in determining which agency to use. And any changes in monitary compensation to the organization for processing of results would surely get passed on to the examinees...

Which poses this question to each person complaining about how long it is taking to get results: How much more would YOU be willing to pay to get your results a week or two earlier through ELSES?

Exactly the point I was trying to make in my post just above yours... I wonder how much the tune of people would change if getting their results 2 weeks earlies meant an addition $100 to take the test? $200? $50 added onto annual license fee?
I don't know exactly what all services the EES provides PA, or what services ELSES provides, but I'm pretty sure the contracts and $$$ involved play a big part in determining which agency to use. And any changes in monitary compensation to the organization for processing of results would surely get passed on to the examinees...

Which poses this question to each person complaining about how long it is taking to get results: How much more would YOU be willing to pay to get your results a week or two earlier through ELSES?
I think speedy you have hit the right point...

Everyone before complaining just find out what will be that value of money you would be willing to give to state for speedy results.... I talked with some of my friends and they said most of them should not have problems as companies mostly refund you the money once you pass the exams.... I would personally pay more to get results quicker. I have paid extra to get my passport quicker 2 years ago so I would have no problems paying extra for expedited service.

I agree, I would pay more to get my results more quickly, depending on a) how much more it cost and B) how much more quickly I'd get them. I wouldn't spend $50 for a day sooner, for example... And, if the prices were higher, I would think companies would start to change policies regarding what they will and will not refund the examinee for, especially with the economy as uncertain as it is...

Personally, I do not get refunded anything for my exam or licensure fees - the best I get is paid for an 8-hr day the day I took the exam for the first time (I won't get paid again if I didn't pass, I'll have to take leave without pay or PTO). If the company asks me to get licensed in another state after I have my 1st one already, they will pay all the fees for that licensure process including the annual fees, but the first one is totally on me...

I agree, I would pay more to get my results more quickly, depending on a) how much more it cost and B) how much more quickly I'd get them. I wouldn't spend $50 for a day sooner, for example... And, if the prices were higher, I would think companies would start to change policies regarding what they will and will not refund the examinee for, especially with the economy as uncertain as it is...
Personally, I do not get refunded anything for my exam or licensure fees - the best I get is paid for an 8-hr day the day I took the exam for the first time (I won't get paid again if I didn't pass, I'll have to take leave without pay or PTO). If the company asks me to get licensed in another state after I have my 1st one already, they will pay all the fees for that licensure process including the annual fees, but the first one is totally on me...
Wow that is news to me as my company provides full refund of fees and expense incurred to purchase any books for the preparation of the exam as long as it is reasonable. Ofcourse we have to pass the exam before we get reimbursed. We also get paid leave for PE. I do not know whether they give for repeat trials as all engineers in our company have passed in first trial.......

Wow that is news to me as my company provides full refund of fees and expense incurred to purchase any books for the preparation of the exam as long as it is reasonable. Ofcourse we have to pass the exam before we get reimbursed. We also get paid leave for PE. I do not know whether they give for repeat trials as all engineers in our company have passed in first trial.......
In my company you get full refund for fees and expenses for the exam you passed. They will not pay for multiple tries. As far as I know, we do not get paid leave for the exam day but we receive a very generous bonus for the first license which is a nice incentive by itself.

Back