Disney stopping arcade prizes

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ventilator

Reaction score
http://www.saintpetersblog.com/archives/174456

Sounds like all the places that let kids get cheap prizes for video games are now considered gambling and have to be shut down.

From the guy filing the lawsuits "For the Legislature to think gambling for kids is OK but not for adults was pretty hypocritical,” Wolf said. “That was essentially what we were setting out to show."

I know my kids loved doing that kind of stuff, ridiculous what people will do just because they can.

If this spreads to Chuck E Cheese, it won't be a huge loss. You can get better "prizes" going to the dollar store.

We all know how debilitating gambling can be. I would like to thank Disney for protecting my child from such a vice.

(How the hell did any of us survive to adulthood?)

We all know how debilitating gambling can be. I would like to thank Disney for protecting my child from such a vice.

(How the hell did any of us survive to adulthood?)

opposite logic-

Now your children will never know the disappointment of seeing how their hard earned tickets only being worth a plastic figurine of a mouse, they will never understand that you need to save the tickets for something larger, they won't be required to learn the responsibility of storing those tickets safely and remembering to bring them when they have saved enough, etc etc etc...

I'm also not sure how this is gambling as when I worked at CEC every game gave at least 1-2 tickets no matter what, and more were earned based on your skill at the game. So you spend $0.25, get to play a game and get $0.02 guaranteed back to spend at the "store".

Getting paid for winning is gambling? Quick, shut down every professional sport, ever.

I'm betting Disney will be alright without the arcades.

agreed. these games aren't slot machines. They are tests of skill, reaction time, and agility. people suck.

then all carnival games and six flags amusement parks carnival areas need to go too.
I think this only applies to Florida because we are so special down here. Something else to add to our list of WTFs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back