Deadliest Catch

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember the cup of noodle bullshit that started last season?
What a load of crap that was. I woulda been pissed if I was a deckhand there. I'm risking my ass to make potentially big money and I'm losing some every second this guy wastes looking for his styroforam spitoon. I'm not the biggest fan of the Wizard.

I hope one of the boats gets pranked this year. Was it last year or the year before they replaced a pot with a demolished car?

What a load of crap that was. I woulda been pissed if I was a deckhand there. I'm risking my ass to make potentially big money and I'm losing some every second this guy wastes looking for his styroforam spitoon. I'm not the biggest fan of the Wizard.
I hope one of the boats gets pranked this year. Was it last year or the year before they replaced a pot with a demolished car?
Yeah, like maybe put a dead hooker in one.

But, it would need to be on a 12 hour soak, or else it would just be more bait.

I think that was two seasons ago. The guys from the Time Bandit replaced one of the Corneila Marie's pots with the old car. My favorite boat is still the Northwestern. Those guys just work their asses off and don't play for the cameras. I was just looking on Discovery's website and it looks like there are a couple of new boats this year.

I can't remember which seasons they happened in but my favorite pranks so far are the truck and the porta-john.

I was really into this show for the first few seasons too. But I think they ran out of actual jobs and dangers to show, so they started focusing on the "soft" side stories. In addition to the great spittoon search last season, they also followed the Cornelia Marie's captain, and his illness, WAY too much. And from the previews that I have seen for this season, it looks to be more of the same. I really like the Northwestern crew because they seem to have fun without just acting stupid for the cameras, and they get their **** done at all costs.

Yeah, like maybe put a dead hooker in one.
But, it would need to be on a 12 hour soak, or else it would just be more bait.
I wonder if she was 'on the crab' before her death as well...

I can't remember which seasons they happened in but my favorite pranks so far are the truck and the porta-john.
Another one I liked was where they welded the pot shut.

**** RIGHT!
I watched most of the marathon this weekend. I love this show, it's the only one I actually set aside time to watch each week.

I drove by a lake on the way to work this morning and was compelled to bellow out "The vast Bering Sea!"

kcrab.jpg

Is that Zelda?

Yeah Keith didn't have such a great day. Mouth cancer scare, repairs killed his savings, and a bonk on the head from 1,600 tons of steel.

I'm surprised they had that cold ending and didn't even tease what happened to him. No preview for next week either.

what happened to the whiny young captain who took over for his dad in season 2 I think? they seamed to drop him pretty quick & I cant recall which ship that was on>?

Yeah and they were only on for the king crab part of the season that year. I don't know.

And aren't there supposed to be 2 new boats this year? All they showed last night were the regular suspects.

Talk about a disappointing season finale. The show really started dragging towards the end of the season. I wonder if they'll be back next year.

They didn't even show the boats pulling into home port. That's one of my favorite parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know if the show has lost its luster for me or what but I havent been able to follow it as much this year, mid season my cable went on hiatus for about a month so maybe I missed the middle part and never got back into it???

I still wont watch ice road truckers though...

Talk about a disappointing season finale. The show really started dragging towards the end of the season. I wonder if they'll be back next year.
They didn't even show the boats pulling into home port. That's one of my favorite parts.
I thought the episode was exciting, especially the guys abandoning the beached cod boat and getting rescued. The storm the fleet was fighting off was pretty intense.

But yeah, the ending was anticlimactic. They ended it with a poem from a guy we've never seen on a boat they barely covered. I was disappointed.

Still one of the only shows we make time for each week, so I can't complain.

I thought the episode was exciting, especially the guys abandoning the beached cod boat and getting rescued. The storm the fleet was fighting off was pretty intense.
But yeah, the ending was anticlimactic. They ended it with a poem from a guy we've never seen on a boat they barely covered. I was disappointed.

Still one of the only shows we make time for each week, so I can't complain.
I enjoyed this season somewhat, but unfortunately the After the Catch episodes with the Cash Cab guy simply didn't do it for me. Disco needs to bring back Mike Rowe from filming his Ford commercials. I was spoilered early on about Russell's firing from the Time Bandit as well as Phil being able to take the Cornelia Marie out for opies, so there were few surprises.

I did like the first half of the season finale, with the beached cod boat. I like to see the Coasties in action since my brother's a Coastie (not an airman, though), and I was happy that the guys on the boat made it out OK.

As usual, I've come out of this season with my love for the Northwestern and Cornelia Marie intact, with some enjoyment of the Wizard. I would have liked to have seen more of the opie "extra" boat, the Incentive. I thought their captain was a real character.

I would be extremely happy if they removed the Time Bandit completely from the show. The Hillstrands have made it clear that they're all about showboating and drama, and that Johnathan's precious kid Scottie (who I suspect may be inbred) can do no wrong. After the mess with Russell, and how they handled it, I have no desire to watch them again. Bring back the Rollo or even the North American or the Incentive - just no more of the Hillstrand Follies.

It's still one of the few shows we make time to watch regularly, but I liked last season better than this one.

Back