Curious...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many of each do we have here?

• Female

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Male

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
well you see frazil, there may not be as many women, but women folk have a certain number of words per day that they have to speak or otherwise communicate.

men on the otherhand, can just point and grunt.

this does not meet the three keystroke minimum requirements for the 10k thread.

hence the apparent disparity.

you're welcome.

8 PEs - all male

2 EIs - both male

3 PSMs - all male

6 CAD techs - all male

4 secretaries - all female

Real Boys Club. Not that we haven't hired some female engineers and CAD techs, they just haven't generally been really good performers for us.

MY DEPT

Me - male

Other project engineer - male

Our boss - male

His boss - male

CAD - male

4 technicians - male

2 clerks - female

We had a female "seasonal help" intern technician a couple summers ago but that didn't go well. She was here only a few days before she started doing things her own way because everybody else was doing it wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a sole proprietor, so the ratio at my 'work' is 100% female. :)

In past jobs I've been the only female engineer, or one of a few. I have seen a small uptick in the number of female engineers in my area, over the last five years or so. It's still probably only around 10 percent. <useless trivia> I was the first female president of the MS ASCE section.</ut>

The current ratio in my group at work is 10% female and 90% male. There are 10 of us in our group -- 1 female (me) and the rest male. Over the year's we've had other females, but our group was also bigger back then... the ratio was about the same then.... 5 to 10% female.

Zero female engineers here on the job site, and only a very small percentage of female craft not in an HR/Admin role out of the 1300+ people here.

Is it just me or does anyone else read "Curious" in the title and get a little excited that someone might be discussing... Bi...

^
Tent_Pole_Aluminum_Tent_Pole_Adjustable_Tent_Poles_Tent_Tubing.jpg

Latest posts

Back