Curious...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many of each do we have here?

• Female

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Male

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
As my wife is fond of saying about being a girl in an engineering school: "The odds are good, but the goods are odd."
That's great, I just might have to use that.

If we're talking professional staff here to mean anyone beyond clerical, marketing, etc. In our office we have 2 male engineers, a male drafter, 2 male LA's, and 2 femals LA's. (If you consider LA's professional that is. :huh: )
Companywide we have 5 smallish offices of 8-10 people. Each has 1 to 2 female tech staff. I'd say maybe 15% tops.
What's an LA (besides a smog-bound metropolis)

^ Landscape architect. They draw pretty renderings of stuff you actually designed. I've worked with them for years and other than planting plans, I can't figure out what it is they do.

Last edited by a moderator:
But can you dance with/on one?
I am more impressed by table dancing than poll dancing - takes a little more skill and coordination, especially if you are drunk ;)

I work for a state agency, so there is more parity in my office but that doesn't break down as well if you look amongst the professionals where I think the line splits closer to 80%:20% for male:female ratio.

JR

^ Landscape architect. They draw pretty renderings of stuff you actually designed. I've worked with them for years and other than planting plans, I can't figure out what it is they do.
I see said the blind man.

50% men to 50% female in the engineering department here.

100% male engineers (me with PE)

100% Intern engineers (team lead with EIT license)

50-50 on all other non licensed college grads in engineering, and non licnesed (military) non educated engineers (includes physics degrees and one with part of an associates degree)

9 male engineers to 4 female engineers in our transportation department.

My last company had 30 males to 2 females.

3:1

3 Men, 1 Lady.

Supervising Engineer - P.E. (Man...retiring in 4 or 5 years)

Electrical Engineer - P.E. (Man..will leave before the years is over. Already turned his resignation letter)

Electrical Engineer - P.E. (Man...macho man...me :eyebrows: )

Electrical Engineer - (EIT) (She... The one with more experience in the group other than the Supervisor. Will be my boss in 4 or 5 more years)

I am the youngest at 43.

My office has 32 Men and 5 women as engineers.

Like most other people, our support staff has a much better mix.

With there being more women than men in this world, the winds of change will eventually come to the engineering profession.

Now: 7 male engineers

1 female engineer (me)

5 male surveyors

1 female administrative assistant

Old Job: 13 male engineers

2 female engineers

4 male cad techs

1 female cad tech

6 male surveyors

20+/- male building inspectors

6 female administrative assistants

When I got laid off from my old job it was only the female engineers/cad techs that were let go. Hmmmm..... think we could maby have some problems there.

Latest posts

Back