Cubicle Etiquette

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are people grossed out about trimming nails? I don't do it, but have never been bothered by coworkers who did.

Then again, it's not uncommon in construction to have a nail break or split and need to be trimmed.

hahaha I can hear someone clipping their nails right now...

clip....clip....clip....

I am the last cube for Engineering, right next to Planning. They have a "no eating at your desk" rule but Engineering doesn't. So they frequently express their resentment when I eat at my desk but I'd rather upset them than not eat.

Reheating fish in the office microwave is a fire-able offense.

Fish is pretty bad.

My last job was in a two-story building and the kitchen was upstairs adjacent Engineering. About once a month, a receptionist would come upstairs to microwave fish or burn a bag of micro-pop. It would stink up the whole floor for a couple days but they worked downstairs and didn't care.

Yesterday someone nuked some cabbage. It's a close second and possible tie for microwaved fish smell

at least look busy to the rest of the farm. I recall a time when someone was blatantly surfing the web, texting, sending personal emails, coming in 30 minutes late and leaving early and doing anything else but work. She got away with it for years too. Also, should be noted that she was "not hot" so that didn't factor the tolerance level

take your **** scentsy home! the rest of us don't want to be smelling pumpkin spice or whatever your scent of the day selection is.

Why are people grossed out about trimming nails? I don't do it, but have never been bothered by coworkers who did.

Then again, it's not uncommon in construction to have a nail break or split and need to be trimmed.
1. The sound is awful. I don't care when I'm out in the field, because it's too loud and usually one nail. All ten sitting at a quiet desk is different.

2. I inherited a desk where the guy clipped his nails and KEPT them in the desk.

562ed5d7a699c9f9deb75ad33d933844.jpg

1. The sound is awful. I don't care when I'm out in the field, because it's too loud and usually one nail. All ten sitting at a quiet desk is different.

2. I inherited a desk where the guy clipped his nails and KEPT them in the desk.
I think I remember this story from somewhere for some reason

Last edited by a moderator:
take your **** scentsy home! the rest of us don't want to be smelling pumpkin spice or whatever your scent of the day selection is.

This. Pumpkin spice, lavender, whatever - they all make me dive for my inhaler.

Am surprised no one has mentioned a word about not farting in the cubicle...or maybe I did read too fast through the thread. These are the moments when we always counted on VT to say something.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved farting in my cube. It was the best way to keep visits from the casual coworker to a bare minimum.

Back