Countdown to Star Wars

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mob drove Hayden Christensen to quit acting, too.

I tried to dye my hair purple last week but it came out more burgundy. I'm now glad the purple didn't take because Laura Dern as Admiral Holdo was sooooo unlikeable.
From the looks of the movies, I don't think he ever started acting...

so watching this movie made me go back and look and see what Jake Loyd is up to now, looks like the kid had a pretty hard life, guess being a kid actor is not all its cracked up to be, I hope his parents didn't take all his money..

The below is from Wikipedia but if you search for Jake Loyd it kind of makes you feel bad, sounds like the mob mentality made him feel that he personally ruined the star wars prequels

Personal life[edit]

In 2012 Lloyd explained his retirement in 2011, and it was caused because he suffered bullying at school, and he destroyed all keepsakes of Star Wars.[10][11]

On June 17, 2015, Lloyd was arrested for reckless driving, driving without a license, and resisting arrest.[1][12][13][14] He was moved from jail to a psychiatric facility after he was diagnosed with schizophrenia.[15] Lloyd currently resides in California.[citation
:(   That's really sad.  

That is, until she did what she did with that ship. Which was pretty GD epic...
Spoilers!

I liked the movie. The 4D stuff was fun but don't know if I'd do it again. It was awesome for the flying scenes but the rest was a bit annoying. It hits you in the back whenever someone falls over and the smells were all the same and didn't smell anything like what should be on screen. I'll sign into the spoiler thread for discussion.

How is that a spoiler when all that was mentioned is she did "something" with a ship? LOL
I've got a few other spoilers for you, there's a lot of people doing things with ships in Star Wars. [emoji3]
Well anything was a spoiler for me since I wanted to go in as fresh as possible :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">. I only watched the trailer once.

It sucked last time when you thought Poe was dead, except you knew he wasn't because of the trailer.

So we've got some Fandango gift cards still sitting around so I thought about trying to go see it somewhere.  Worth the extra $$$ and the extra 45 minute drive to go see it at a Dolby IMAX screen in 3D?  The theatre 5 minutes from the house has "BigD"?  Sounds like it might be better than standard, but not quite IMAX.  Ticket is about $4 cheaper too.

True Imax is worth it in my opinion.  Regular vs "Liemax" is a tough call, but it is a bigger screen.

IMAX%20Vs%20Digital%20Vs%2035mm%20cinema.jpg

Some more info: http://lfexaminer.com/20100421Shrinking-IMAX-Screens.htm

they are not like the old school 3d movies (like jaws 3) more like enhanced viewing / graphics. I don't normally care to spend the few extra bucks on it (when taking a herd of 5)

Latest posts

Back