Countdown to Star Wars

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw the Solo movie. It was a solid meh. I actually didn't mind him as the character, but thought the story was a little mundane.

I haven't seen the Solo movie, but I have been underwhelmed by the new movies so far. They paid Lucas $4B for Star Wars, maybe they can pay him another $0.5B to come back and make them better.

its really odd and I have said this before, but if you read the books for Episodes 1-3 - they actually read really well and the story comes across very good, its just the movies didn't really make it out all that well - although I did like Clone Wars for the most part.

These are my thoughts -

Han Solo - Cant really make a Han Solo movie without Han Solo -

Lando Movie - I mean really who really F'n cares about Lando? From the clips I have seen the new Lando does a better job than the new Soloa actor though..

But here is the movie I would like to see and I think would be a huge sell.

Vader - Like WTF was he up to in between EP 3 and EP 4?  The main reason I think Rogue One was a big hit is the last 15 minutes of the movie, it definitely is a good movie, but it picks up some momentum when Vader is involved.

Vader - Like WTF was he up to in between EP 3 and EP 4? 
Hunting down and destroying any remaining Jedi or those training to become Jedi's. And making the Emperor's reign known in all areas of the galaxy. Still, would be cool to see a spin-off story on how all that went down and where they picked back up in Ep IV.

& it seemed like at the beginning of IV Vader was sort of in the dog house as compared to when he was the emperors "boy" in EP III

Last edited by a moderator:
clxSdrW.jpg

I think I am done with the new franchise - not planning to see any more of them (in the theatres at least).. & I still own a 1980's era AT-AT
#metoo.  I loved the originals.  Tolerated the 2nd 3, but hate 7 and 8.  I can't help but see the similarities between these and the originals.    Its like they are telling the same story again with better graphics and worse acting.  Put some effort into this guys.  I know they don't have to in order to make a half billion dollars, but it would be nice if they at least tried to veer from what has already been done. That said, Rogue One was pretty darn good.  I waited several months to see 8, havent seen Solo yet and am not even interested in seeing whatever vomit they are going to spew out for 9.

Back