Countdown to Football Season!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about the awesomeness that was Matt Stafford in Detroit?

Sorry FL... they are just flat out horrible. Toledo is making it look too easy. Dang. I was hoping they were going to be better and that the CSU game was a fluke.
Wow.
Yeah, that was, to quote Shaq, "horri-awful." I'll still watch/listen, b/c I epect a change at QB, and want to see what Hansen has this year. But a lot of talk in Buff Country is about Coach Hawkins needing to go. I was a supporter of playing Cody Hawkins at QB for a while, but the nepotism needs to stop. It's hard to get quality recruits when the image of daddy's son getting preferential treatment is out there.

GO BRONCOS!!! Quality team if I ever saw one. Nothing beats a 80+ yard tipped pass/run with 0:30 on the clock to bail themselves out of a late defensive mistake.
The sad part about that is that it counts as a completion for Orton. Total luck that we won that. This past week (Cincinnati) and this week (Cleveland) are our best chances for wins this year.

Cutler, why did Chicago want him so bad?
As I Bears fan I fully support the trade. One game is obviously too early to tell how things will turn out, but even if Cutler just absolutely flops, I would still support the trade.

It seemed that Cutler and the receivers were not on the same page. Not sure who's fault it was, but that should be some that is easily correctable.

If the stupid bears would have just won I'd have taken $40 in my office pool. Oh well. At least my Chefs gave Baltimore more of a game than I would have expected.

The Mizzou game was *pucker*ific. Collective sigh of relief after the game was over.

Hoping these jitters / fumbles go away by BXII play.

Going to take all the kiddos to this week's game. Ought to be a fun time. I'm sure they'll last about until kickoff and then want to go home. My oldest doesn't like loud noises (football game not real enjoyable for her), my middle has an attention span of a knat, and my youngest is 1 year old, and won't want to sit on anyone's lap, and therefore will be wanting to walk up and down the stadium steps.

Yep, I think if we go, watch the cheerleaders and band come out, eat some popcorn and hot dogs... I'll be lucky to see a single play - as everyone will lose interest pretty fast.

The Mizzou game was *pucker*ific. Collective sigh of relief after the game was over.
Hoping these jitters / fumbles go away by BXII play.

Going to take all the kiddos to this week's game. Ought to be a fun time. I'm sure they'll last about until kickoff and then want to go home. My oldest doesn't like loud noises (football game not real enjoyable for her), my middle has an attention span of a knat, and my youngest is 1 year old, and won't want to sit on anyone's lap, and therefore will be wanting to walk up and down the stadium steps.

Yep, I think if we go, watch the cheerleaders and band come out, eat some popcorn and hot dogs... I'll be lucky to see a single play - as everyone will lose interest pretty fast.
It's a vicious circle I'm sure. You take the kids, they want to leave. You don't take the family they are probably mad at you for going without them.

On a completely different note, I just thought I'd announce that apparently in my upcoming wedding I will now have a cousin in-law who is a UCLA cheerleader. Just met her over the weekend. Definitely fits the mold out there.

Dammit I want it to be 7 o'clock so MNF comes on!

Cutler looked dreadful. What'd he throw, 3 picks? GB dropped a couple more possible INTs too. I was surprised given how good he looked in a rough environment at Denver a couple weeks back.

That Sanchez guy looks like a cool customer. He hit every third down it seemed, and the Jets defensive looked tougher and more physical than last year. Conversely, Rex Ryan has big jiggly man-boobs that flap around when he gets agitated on the sideline. This team worries me in the division if they can keep this up.

That Stokely catch was wacky. Its about time the Broncos had something go right for them. And why does that stuff always happen to the Bengals!

I'm hoping the Pats go early 2007 style on Buffalo and have it like 30-3 at halftime. I missed that last year, it will be nice to see their offense back at full strength. The major turnover on 'D' worries me a bit. Though they'll probably get a top 5 pick out of the Seymour deal.

On a completely different note, I just thought I'd announce that apparently in my upcoming wedding I will now have a cousin in-law who is a UCLA cheerleader. Just met her over the weekend. Definitely fits the mold out there.
Is it too late to "trade up"?

Dammit I want it to be 7 o'clock so MNF comes on!
Cutler looked dreadful. What'd he throw, 3 picks? GB dropped a couple more possible INTs too. I was surprised given how good he looked in a rough environment at Denver a couple weeks back.
He had 3 in the first half, 4 total. The 4th one locked in their loss on their last drive of the 4th quarter.

That Stokely catch was wacky. Its about time the Broncos had something go right for them. And why does that stuff always happen to the Bengals!
It happens to be Bengals because they are the Bengals. It's just a force of nature and something that cannot be changed...

Why did she get stuck in traffic anyway? I left just before that and sailed home.

j/k......I did go to the game and had them dead and buried. I went up to hit the men's room after the first couple of plays of that drive figuring it would go nowhere or at best a FG. Returned to find them up 6 additional points. Then the miracles started happening. I'm glad they won, but IMHO they did not deserve it and they looked like crap. However, 1-0 beats the heck out of 0-1.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Moral of the story, pee on the guy in front of you.

They had that game won on paper, better time of posession, more offensive yards, etc. but they just couldn't convert on 3rd and 4th downs, whereas Buffalo always seemed to find a way to get the big yards.

And what was with those ticky tack roughing the passer/kicker calls! I wanted to high five my wife after they scored but was afraid I be flagged for 15 yards.

The timing plays, especially the quick screen plays to Welker that were generally good for 8-10 yards, were off. They need to work on that.

Wanna go in on a fruit basket and send to the return guy on Buffalo who coughed it up?

I was diggin' the old school unis.

tell me about it. 3 just in the first half then another at the end of the game. Geeze...he must be color blind. Not a good start if he wants to win over the chicago fans...playing a little too much like Rexy. Although his pairing with devin hester looks promising. Hester can run but can't catch a pass and cutler is good at throwing the ball into the hands of the receiver...of either team is appears from Sunday night.

Hopefully it was just opening game jitters and he can show us it was worth everything they gave up to get him.

Def all the wrong teams in the NFC north won. . .and i got like 4 out of 20 right in my pool for week 1 (thats like F'n Colorado bad!)

anyways this pretty much sums up all the obnoxious fan bases. . . http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/pgStory?conte...p;photo=8544810

Dear NFL,

Please ban throwbacks jerseys, my god they are awful!

Thanks

RG
What?! I REALLY wanna see the 'angry parakeet' throwbacks the Eagles wore last year again

Last edited by a moderator:
its painful to watch, the Patriots looked like the 80's Broncos when I turned em on Monday

Dear NFL,

Please ban throwbacks jerseys, my god they are awful!

Thanks

RG

The only throwbacks that I dislike are the ones that I remember being worn. Like when the Pats recently wore those Eason / Fryar throwbacks from the mid 1980s - it made me feel so old. I was thinking, "Throwbacks should really be at least 25 years old." Then I thought for a minute and realized they were. Ouch :eek:ld-025:

^^^ Yeah, they were discussing that on the Mike & Mike show yesterday. The part that made it funny was hearing Merril Hodge recounting stories of wearing the PJ's and owning the bedding sets with the "original" logos from 25-30 years ago...

Back