College Football 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would make about as much sense as having a team in the "Coastal Division" when they are located 250 miles from the coast. (Georgia Tech)
You are going to nitpick about GT being 250 miles from the coast and you don't mention Florida State being in the "Atlantic Division"? Last I checked Tallahassee wasn't within 250 miles of the Atlantic. :D

The Atlantic and Coastal Division names in the ACC don't bother me much seeing as how it is the Atlantic Coast Conference to begin with.

Oh, and the new Big Ten logo looks stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would make about as much sense as having a team in the "Coastal Division" when they are located 250 miles from the coast. (Georgia Tech)
You are going to nitpick about GT being 250 miles from the coast and you don't mention Florida State being in the "Atlantic Division"? Last I checked Tallahassee wasn't within 250 miles of the Atlantic. :D

The Atlantic and Coastal Division names in the ACC don't bother me much seeing as how it is the Atlantic Coast Conference to begin with.

Oh, and the new Big Ten logo looks stupid.

Come on ... FSU to Jacksonville Beach is about 180 miles. Tally is at least an hour closer to the Atlantic coast than GaTech.

Louisville won their bowl game last night...first one since the '06 Orange Bowl. Finished above .500 for the first time since then as well.

I was so happy for the seniors who came into the program expecting to continue the streak of bowls and victories going only to be Kragthorped.

Also got a commit from a 5* QB out of Miami who is listed as the #3 QB in the nation.

Must suck to be Boise State. To go through being up to the #3 spot in the country, the Cinderella of the BCS busters, and now you're playing in the "I didn't even realize they were playing tonight" MAACO bowl.

Louisville won their bowl game last night...first one since the '06 Orange Bowl. Finished above .500 for the first time since then as well.
I was so happy for the seniors who came into the program expecting to continue the streak of bowls and victories going only to be Kragthorped.

Also got a commit from a 5* QB out of Miami who is listed as the #3 QB in the nation.

Ugly win, but a W is a W. Ugghhh after seeing that same Beef O'Bradys commercial OVER AND OVER again I dont think Ill ever go there again. Hell the one near my house shut down a few months ago anyway.

Hey Charlie, how about a trip to another Liberty Bowl next year, I can actually drive to that one.

I was hoping for the BBVA bowl in Birmingham for selfish reasons (I would be able to drive there) but for a recruiting aspect and enjoyment aspect the bowl in St. Pete was much better. Also nice to let the guys play in their home state.

The Ohio Buckeyes did it again. Following the steps of Maurice Clarett is Terrelle Pryor, the next big thing out of Columbus,OH. I do not know but between Ohio and Florida can fill a Juvenile Correction Center. What is wrong with these guys? They are offered a golden chance to improve their lives and look what they do.

In another display of a money oriented mind, NCAA will allow them to play in their next bowl game. Looks like they were not embarrased enough with the Cam Newton fiasco.

Here is the ESPN link for more info... 5 Players Suspended

Last edited by a moderator:
So they'll suspend 5 players for nearly half the season for tattoo discounts, but Cam Newton gets a Heisman and AP player of the year for being a salaried college athlete. Quite the double standard. At least I won't have to worry about following Ohio State's championship hopes next year.

I know we havent gotten to any of the "good" bowl games (?) But can anyone tell me what the use is of any of the bowl games to date? It is such a total waste and joke!

There will be maybe 3 or 4 worth watching, the rest you might as well watch Married with Children re-runs !

Well....Sorry DV but last nights game was fun for us Wolfpack fans!! That was one of the most fun games to watch I've ever seen. It's been SO LONG since I've actually been excited about a football game, I almost forgot what it was like!! lol

This is the first year since I started going to college that I haven't kept up with the college bowl season well. I caught the game last night by accident - not sure what was happening there! :eek:

I predict extreme pain for my gators since they seem to be set adrift without much in the way of coaching. Even though Michigan has played terribly this year ... Florida has outplayed them in the bad department.

Worst of all ... I missed the bowl pool. :bawling:

JR

This is the first year since I started going to college that I haven't kept up with the college bowl season well. I caught the game last night by accident - not sure what was happening there! :eek:
I predict extreme pain for my gators since they seem to be set adrift without much in the way of coaching. Even though Michigan has played terribly this year ... Florida has outplayed them in the bad department.

Worst of all ... I missed the bowl pool. :bawling:

JR
??

UF is playing Penn State, not Michigan. :true:

I know we havent gotten to any of the "good" bowl games (?) But can anyone tell me what the use is of any of the bowl games to date? It is such a total waste and joke!
There will be maybe 3 or 4 worth watching, the rest you might as well watch Married with Children re-runs !

The main benefit of the bowls to date is TV money which will be funneled to financial anchor sports like field hockey, soccer and lacrosse.

It's football, why does there need to be a point to it?

Why did the Texans and Broncos play Sunday? There wasn't much point to that game either.

theres still more benefit to that game than there is watching anything to date as far as the bowls

Back