College Football 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing that surprised me about the outcome of those games was that Alabama beat MSU THAT badly, and that one is going to hurt for a loooong time. Michigan is a joke, and was up against a team that knocked out some heavy hitters. Wisconsin/TCU was a good game, and TCU showed they can play against non-cupcake teams. I fully expected Florida to beat PSU, and am surprised that one was as close as it was. Northwestern doesn't even count. Then again, bowl games for unranked teams have no merit anyways.

From the way Oklahoma played, they should be glad they played an unranked team, or they'd have lost 6 in a row. That game should have been waaaay more lopsided than the score would indicate.

Couldn't care less about Ohio State's bowl game this year, since discounted tattoos and selling memorabilia is apparently a harsh enough crime to bench half their team next year, while getting paid to play is apparently ignorable, as long as an SEC team makes it to the BCS Championship. While it probably won't happen, I will watch at least part of that game, with hopes that Oregon destroys Auburn, or at least puts a career-ending hit on Cam Newton. Or his father for that matter.

1) Kudos to TCU. Awesome game.

2) Alabama's steamrolling of MSU was fully expected in my book.

3) Auburn / Oregon... I'll be ok with whoever wins that game. If Auburn wins, my school gets money. If Oregon wins, Cam will lose. Hell, it took the NCAA how many years to question the Heisman trophy for Bush?

i'm totally vexed today, I cant ever wish for a BobbY Petrino team to win, and I cant stand the Ohio Suckeyes either?

Guess I will just play left for dead or caulk moulding in the basement???

I was hoping for a Mississippi State victory over Michigan, but never expected what happened.

I still think we could have won with this Michigan team playing well, but that team gave up on New Year's day. The defense wasn't even pretending to try in the second half.

I'll still take a victory over the Wolverines, regradless of the circumstance.

HAIL.........

STATE!

i'm totally vexed today, I cant ever wish for a BobbY Petrino team to win, and I cant stand the Ohio Suckeyes either?
I hope Arkansas runs up and down on Ohio State.

I love Bobby Petrino even though he was always one foot out of the door at Louisville

I'm a Falcons season tix holder, and while I am SO glad he is gone, I will always wish him the worst for how he left...

I hope Arkansas runs up and down on Ohio State.

I love Bobby Petrino even though he was always one foot out of the door at Louisville
Agreed...there is a lot of hate for the Disingenuous Drifter in Louisville, but that man is a hell of a football coach. Plus, I think my head would explode if both Oklahoma and Ohio State win BCS games.

1) Kudos to TCU. Awesome game.
2) Alabama's steamrolling of MSU was fully expected in my book.

3) Auburn / Oregon... I'll be ok with whoever wins that game. If Auburn wins, my school gets money. If Oregon wins, Cam will lose. Hell, it took the NCAA how many years to question the Heisman trophy for Bush?

1) Agreed... but I question Wisconsin's play calling. They called a ton of passes at key times, which is not their game. For example, they easily ran the ball down the field on their last drive but then came out for the two-point conversion in a passing formation - shotgun I think.

2) Michigan State started slow against Purdue, Illinois, Florida Atlantic and Northwestern. They did the same against Bama, whose best game is as good as anybody's.

Nobody has bragged about the Buckeyes yet?

:dunno:

They won the Sugar Bowl and their tats looked great.

Nobody has bragged about the Buckeyes yet? :dunno:

The Big Ten zealots are still a little butthurt from New Year's Day. Plus, that Sugar Bowl win will forever be tainted by an inexplicable NCAA decision to let the rule-breakers play in the bowl while being suspended for a third of next season.

Looks like TCU took what tOSU president said a little personal
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/news/story?id=5998053
I love stuff like that.

UK has had a billboard in downtown Louisville, near the U of L main campus, with a picture of their football team holding up a Music City Bowl trophy, or some other such worthless bauble, with a tag line that reads "Hardware Matters!" WTF? Did UL put up a billboard in Lexington when we won the Orange Bowl?

I think UL got back at them by putting a sign on I-64W near Frankfort that read "University of Louisville, we're miles ahead."

Nobody has bragged about the Buckeyes yet? :dunno:

The Big Ten zealots are still a little butthurt from New Year's Day. Plus, that Sugar Bowl win will forever be tainted by an inexplicable NCAA decision to let the rule-breakers play in the bowl while being suspended for a third of next season.

Which conferences have done well?

I thought I heard the B10 and $EC are both under .500 this bowl season.

SEC West has done OK, but overall I'm rather disappointed. Tonight I'm hoping for another surprise "W" from LSU. However, if we lose and Les hauls ass up north, I'll consider that a "W" for LSU afterall.

Looks like TCU took what tOSU president said a little personal
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/news/story?id=5998053
I love stuff like that.

UK has had a billboard in downtown Louisville, near the U of L main campus, with a picture of their football team holding up a Music City Bowl trophy, or some other such worthless bauble, with a tag line that reads "Hardware Matters!" WTF? Did UL put up a billboard in Lexington when we won the Orange Bowl?

I think UL got back at them by putting a sign on I-64W near Frankfort that read "University of Louisville, we're miles ahead."

Isn't the Music City Bowl a 2nd or 3rd tier bowl? Orange >> Music City, right??

Hmm, as much hatred as there is between Pitt and WVU , I don't know of any time either team has wasted money on billboards/etc in the other team's city/area

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't the Music City Bowl a 2nd or 3rd tier bowl? Orange >> Music City, right??
Yeah, U of L went to about 10 straight bowl games, culminating in an Orange Bowl victory. Then, we entered the Kragthorpe era, and missed 4 consecutive post seasons. That is when UK put up the Hardware Matters billboard. I hope UK get rocked in the Compass Bowl on Saturday and UL pays to put a Hardware Matters billboard in Lexington.

SEC West has done OK, but overall I'm rather disappointed. Tonight I'm hoping for another surprise "W" from LSU. However, if we lose and Les hauls ass up north, I'll consider that a "W" for LSU afterall.

Michigan fans probably want Miles as bad as LSU fans want to get rid of him.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? Why did Oregon just go for 2 after their first TD? I know they look like geniuses because it worked, but still...

Neither team looked particularly impressive last night. Auburn - Best team money can buy!

Back