College Football 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Embree was announced at 10 AM mountain time. I like what he said...a return to tradition (which was lost with Hawkins), and a physical, pro style of play. It doesn't look too good for our returning senior QB (Tyler Hansen), who is a spread style QB. 6'0", ~200lbs, mobile. He has a strong arm, but I have a feeling that Embree will start the redshirt freshman QB we have, Nick Hirschman (6'3", 230) will be our starter. There is talk that the top QB prospect in Colorado (Brock Berglund) is coming to CU. But that was before the coaching change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Embree was announced at 10 AM mountain time. I like what he said...a return to tradition (which was lost with Hawkins), and a physical, pro style of play. It doesn't look too good for our returning senior QB (Tyler Hansen), who is a spread style QB. 6'0", ~200lbs, mobile. He has a strong arm, but I have a feeling that Embree will start the redshirt freshman QB we have, Nick Hirschman (6'3", 230) will be our starter. There is talk that the top QB prospect in Colorado (Brock Berglund) is coming to CU. But that was before the coaching change.

I am going to miss the Colorado / Nebraska game on the day after Thanksgiving.

The setting is always nice - either the sea of red in Lincoln or snow flurries and mountains in Boulder.

The wife would go shopping and I'd quietly sit around with a few beers and lots of leftover turkey and pie.

As a B10 guy, I am excited about Nebraska joining the conference. But I'll miss that rivalry they had with the Buffs.

you can also remember people ... (All those QB's from FSU in there hay-day) and they, well, stunk it up in the NFL..

Ironically, the Noles quarterback who barely played from that era was a Super Bowl Champ and two-time Pro Bowler - Brad Johnson.

Charlie Ward was a first-round pick and had a great pro career too. It just was not in football. ;)

I disagree. Arkansas' defense will outlast ohio state's offense.

Ohio State seems pretty good when they are interested. Pryor does not lose too many big games.

I watched most of LSU/Arkansas and was not overly impressed with the Hogs. Arkansas had very few positive plays in the first half but broke a couple big ones. Decent safety play from LSU would have had them up big. I was a little overserved by the second half though - don't remember much of that.

But I would feel better about Ohio State over Arkansas if it was outside. The teams from the B10 did pretty well last year in the bowl games with a little rain and wind.

Edit: Didn't realize I had three straight posts in one thread. Should have done the multiple-reply option. Sorry

I am going to miss the Colorado / Nebraska game on the day after Thanksgiving.

The setting is always nice - either the sea of red in Lincoln or snow flurries and mountains in Boulder.

The wife would go shopping and I'd quietly sit around with a few beers and lots of leftover turkey and pie.

As a B10 guy, I am excited about Nebraska joining the conference. But I'll miss that rivalry they had with the Buffs.
I will too. But it hasn't been an interesting game for awhile. At least on a national level it hasn't. Nebraska to the Big 10 (+2) should scare the snot out of the other members. Nebraska-OSU will always be interesting.

Just a thought---when will the Big Ten change the name of their conference? Penn State was the 11th team in, now Nebraska makes 12. Why make reference to the number of teams at all? Call it the Big Space conference for all the empty space in most of the states that are in it, lots of flat land with nothing between towns. Also, when will Notre Dame join that group, they fit in geographically. They can't rely on a soft schedule of Army, Navy, Air Force every year any more because even those teams are beating them. Might as well lose to teams that have some national ranking instead.

Nebraska to the Big 10 (+2) should scare the snot out of the other members.
Yeah, folks said the same thing about Rich Rodriguez.

Just a thought---when will the Big Ten change the name of their conference?
It sounds like the Big11Ten will stay with the same name, regardless of the actual number of members.

Notre Lame is in the Big East in all other sports except football. It needs to just buck up and join in.

I like that Notre Dame is withering on the vine.

They don’t seem to realize that the profile of their institution is much more like Connecticut or Marquette than Texas or Florida.

they will probably still beat Georgia next year...
I'm disappointed Georgia cancelled their series with Louisville. I was gearing up to make the road trip to Athens for the first game of the year and they cancelled to play Boise State. :(

Someone started a rumor that he is going to take the job at Colorado to be reunited with Tebow. :Locolaugh: :Locolaugh: :Locolaugh:

I just wonder if he is going to pull a Bret Favre come back tomorrow.

Back