College Football 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:wv:
as far as the Mountaineers, Noel Devine is being sold as a top 10 preseason contender for the Heisman, and I hope he does well enough to continue that talk throughout the year, but here is a name that I think will be a jump out ESPN weekly name:

TAVON AUSTIN, #1 for the Mounties. (Remember I said it here first.) :D

I see defenses putting pressure on Devine, and then Jock Sanders, leaving Austin having HUGE plays. He's quite capable.

WVbanana2.gif

I think WV is definitely underestimated this year... Austin will have a big year... and hopefully Devine can make his last year a Heisman year.... The biggest question mark though is the QB's health (and experience)...

that being said.............

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!

Time for a little bit of Lane Kiffin bashing. If you ever need any further proof that Kiffin is a horse's ass: I played football in high school with David Reaves, who is Kiffin's brother in law. He hired David on at Tennessee when David had a job at South Carolina as the QB coach under Spurrier. Then when Kiffin pulled his crap at Tennessee it sounds like he hung David out to dry. David was pretty much a jackass as well, but to screw over your own BIL like that, I bet that makes for some interesting Thanksgiving dinners.

The NCAA interviewed New Mexico quarterbacks coach and passing game coordinator David Reaves Tuesday morning about the recruiting practices of former Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin and the staff when he was with the Volunteers, a source said.
Reaves is the brother-in-law of Kiffin, now the USC coach. Kiffin, who married David's sister, Layla, opted not to take Reaves with him to USC.

Reaves said at the time he didn't know Kiffin was leaving Tennessee.

The source said Reeves, as part of a broadened NCAA inquiry, was asked about Tennessee recruiting hostesses having attended recruits' high school games, calls to prospects during an all-star game and recruiting weekends.

Rich Rod is the best coach we at OSU have had in years. Hasn't lost a game for us yet.

That being said, OSU will probably run the table, although some definite landmines are out there ( Miami) but get blown out in the national title game. Getting used to that one though.

Rich Rod is the best coach we at OSU have had in years. Hasn't lost a game for us yet.
That being said, OSU will probably run the table, although some definite landmines are out there ( Miami) but get blown out in the national title game. Getting used to that one though.

If we run the option with Pryor on every single play, we stand a chance!

So... um update:

Mizzou.

Starting WR - broken wrist, recovering from surgery with cast on hand...

2nd string LB - would get playing time, DUI, getting internal discipline (not sure what the hell that means) other than he was demoted to 3rd string and is fighting a legal battle... probably miss games.

Starting RB - just suspended indefinitely for breaking team rules, what rules? No one knows.

We have a game in essentially a week, so... I guess that 2nd stringers better be ready.

I'm still mad that Cooper left OSU. He was our best player.

I hope RR is toast no matter what. Even if we were to win 12 games I'd want him out. I can't stand the guy, and I don't know any other alums who like him. He's a disgrace to our program.

Nothing better than having your top returner from last year tweak his knee 4 days before the 1st game. Here's where depth comes in.

Not sure you need depth against San Jose State.

I hope he is OK, and will be 100% for the Penn State game.

If PSU wins, I'd hate to hear about "Ingram was out" and if he is out and Penn State still loses (quite possible) then I'd hate to hear about "How bad it'd be if Ingram was healthy"

either way, I want him there at 100%

I agree, DV. I would like to see Ingram match up against the PSU defense.

Honestly, I really would like BAMA to light up the sky, throwing balls everywhere.

Well, guess the only surprise last night was PITT. Really thought Southern Miss would put up a bigger fight... D. Brown looks to have some attitude issues.

I agree, DV. I would like to see Ingram match up against the PSU defense.
Honestly, I really would like BAMA to light up the sky, throwing balls everywhere.
It may pan out that way.

PSU is returning a great defensive core, but the corners are new and young. Bama' will probably have success throwing the ball, you may get your wish.

PSU is underway, and 3rd quarter just started, PSU returned the kick-off 101 yards. Was a very rough 1st half for Penn State. First time JoePA ever started a freshman at quarterback for a season. That freshman will have to grow up alot by next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
There were A LOT of disappointments last night, including my Florida Gators. The score really didn't show how bad they were playing.

OTOH, I thought Florida State did pretty well in its' first game under Jimbo Fisher. Of course the real test comes next week when they play Oklahoma. If they have a strong showing in that game, I might say they are back.

JR

Back