CALIFORNIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I called NCEES, and they said that although their page says 8-10 weeks for California results, the state board is still the one who releases the results..I guess the wait continues..

I called NCEES, and they said that although their page says 8-10 weeks for California results, the state board is still the one who releases the results..I guess the wait continues..
Yeah, but it still won't be as bad as in the past right? I mean people already got their FE results from California. I thought we could see on NCEES if we passed, but we won't officially be P.E.'s until California says so. I'm so confused!

Yeah, but it still won't be as bad as in the past right? I mean people already got their FE results from California. I thought we could see on NCEES if we passed, but we won't officially be P.E.'s until California says so. I'm so confused!
I also called the state board, and they said they "hope" to get State Specific results by the end of NEXT week. (Which is what I took; being licensed in Florida and all :/) so the wait continues for me...

The NCEES website doesn't say that the CA board needs to validate the results, although I would find it odd if we saw our results for the 8-hr test and not the state tests. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear about any of the tests until the state board finishes with the results of their state specific tests. could be looking at sometime during the week of Jan 10th, which still gives plenty of time before the Jan 21st refile deadline.

me: do you plan to release the PE results today? Thank you.

Support Agent: no not today. we are hoping sometime this week

me: is Friday, December 31, 2010 a holiday for NCEES?

Support Agent: yes it is.

me: so we should expect results either Wednesday or Thursday this week? right?

Support Agent: we will release to the board first.

me: Per the information posted on the NCEES's website, for California it looks like NCEES will release the results directly to the candidates. For many other states, NCEES releases results to the Board first. Please confirm.

Support Agent: we notify the boards first.

me: Is NCEES going to inform us via email or is California Board going to inform us via mail that the results are ready?

Support Agent: NCEES will send an e-mail informing you that your result can be accessed through your My NCEES account.

me: Thanks for your prompt help.

Support Agent: Thank you for contacting us.

Chat session disconnected

The NCEES website doesn't say that the CA board needs to validate the results, although I would find it odd if we saw our results for the 8-hr test and not the state tests. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear about any of the tests until the state board finishes with the results of their state specific tests. could be looking at sometime during the week of Jan 10th, which still gives plenty of time before the Jan 21st refile deadline.

Ok, I'm not personally concerned with the state specific exam. I only took the Mechanical PE 8 hour test. Since NCEES notified FE test takers last week to log on to NCEES, doesn't it make sense that they will notify PE test takers the same way?

As TX and Ohio PE result came out today, I log in my NCEES account 1:30PM (EST) that the result haven't release yet.

I called NCEES because I can't even log onto the NCEES website, and the lady informed me that there is nothing to view there which is why hte site is not even allowing you to log on- weird, but okay.. She said that they have released the results to the states but need the states to validate them even though CA says that it doesn't need to be validated. NCEES says, they need to get permission from the State Boards to release the results...

will it even happen today?????????

I called NCEES because I can't even log onto the NCEES website, and the lady informed me that there is nothing to view there which is why hte site is not even allowing you to log on- weird, but okay.. She said that they have released the results to the states but need the states to validate them even though CA says that it doesn't need to be validated. NCEES says, they need to get permission from the State Boards to release the results...
will it even happen today?????????

Well, I can see mine but I've been logged in for about 40 minutes. I keep refreshing and it still says no results available.

if it's today, I was wondering that we're going to see Seismic and Surveying also ?

So, what is everyone's gut feeling about when they will be released? I keep refreshing myNCEES and its getting really frustrating.

I don't know - CA has a unique issue w/ the state specific exams... i can picture them releasing the results of the 8-hr exam (maybe tomorrow?) or i can picture them waiting until the release the results of all 3 exams, i don't know... but then again they could surprise us and have all 3 exam results ready whenever.

I just called California Board, operator told me that I should expect the PE results in Mid January, I hope she is wrong.

I just called California Board, operator told me that I should expect the PE results in Mid January, I hope she is wrong.
I really have no clue what's going on with our board. When I called the board this morning, the operator told me that the results are going to be released this week on the NCEES website. When I called them a few minutes ago, the operator told me the same exact answer you got.

I am disappoint...

At least it's good to know that the NCEES didn't drop the ball on this one. Instead, it is our state licensure board that fumbles...

Last edited by a moderator:
:party-smiley-048:

:party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048:

:party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back